Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on me

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lovetobehome

Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on me

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm

It has been many months since I have been on the board, and i just came back to get a sneak peek at the new guide! We have been happily studying our way through Res to Ref for my almost 12 yo, and Preparing for my 9yo. So pleased with HOD! HOD is so well organized, balanced, and just wonderful in every way.
I thought I would write a brief note to those who might remember my struggle this summer with mothering, homeschooling, and things in general. Looking back, it is easy to see that I was depressed, and my feelings of discouragement with homeschooling and parenting were because of that. At the time, I didn't realize it. Many of you encouraged me with scripture and helpful advice, and I cannot tell you how much I clung to those things and how many times I came back to reread your posts. Those scriptures are hanging in my kitchen.I can see now that my thought processes were so abnormal, but I didn't understand what was going on until I came through.
I started running in September, and it made all the difference in the world. My depression is gone, all from just getting regular exercise. This isn't meant to be a commercial for health, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you, and I wanted to let Carrie and Julie know we are thriving with HOD (because they both spent a heap of time helping me at our convention and I will never ever forget that!), and for anyone who wondered if I kept homeschooling or how we were doing, I just wanted to let you know that thanks be to God, I am well and doing just awesome!
Lastly, I want to thank Carrie for keeping this board so friendly and supportive. It makes a huge difference. The feeling of community and togetherness of purpose to serve the Lord here is not duplicated anywhere else. It feels kinda like home. :D Thanks, everyone!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

my3sons

Re: Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on m

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm

This just made my night! :D I'm so glad to hear from you - I actually have been praying for you since that convention pretty much every day. I keep a prayer list, and I wanted to make sure you were on it, as our conversation struck a chord in my heart. This post was just great to read. I am so sorry that you had to walk through the valley to get to the better place you are now, but God was surely walking with you. I have often found (and continue to find) that in my weakest hour, God is strong when I just cannot be, and then when it's all said and done, I have become stronger from leaning on Him. Exercise. I couldn't agree with you more. I had been exercising a lot, and you are so right, it is definitely a way to chase the blues away! :D I have been quite sick with a virus lately, and been unable to exercise, but just tonight I was able to a little again. My oldest ds leads my younger 2 dc in an exercise rotation, and tonight I was able to join in. We were laughing and having fun, and it was a good night. I am just so happy for you, and I will continue to pray for you not only that your year with RTR and PHFHG continues to go well, but also that your spirits continue to be lifted up by our Lord! Thank you so much for sharing your update - it is an encouragement! :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 pm

So glad to hear this! And, I also agree about the exercise. I started running in April of 2008, and it helps so much!
We're enjoying Resurrection to the Reformation this year, too, and it's wonderful!! :) Thanks for the update!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah! I am so glad to hear you are loving HOD and that God is blessing your life. I am doing the same two programs you are this year and the newest HOD program. it's so much fun! I am so happy to hear your update! God is good! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

lovetobehome,

It is so good to "see" you and hear your update. I've been hoping that you were having a good year! :D You are so gracious to let us know how it is going. I love updates!

We pray the Lord will continue to richly bless your homeschooling journey as we travel the HOD path together. :D

Blessings,
Carrie