Extension Packages

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
CathyCDK

Extension Packages

Post by CathyCDK » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm trying to find out how the extension packages are scheduled. Besides reading extra books, is there other work assigned too? Are there samples on the web site that I can look at? Thanks!

Cathy

Molly

Re: Extension Packages

Post by Molly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:36 pm

We are about to start Preparing using extensions for my oldest. There is a list in the appendix of what she is to read each day and a suggestion of doing one oral narration a week, written narrations of two to three paragraphs twice a week and a drawing of something related to the days reading accompanied with a one paragraph narration. This is how I will be using it for my DD.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Extension Packages

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Molly,

Cathy did a great job of helping you! :D This link to a past thread gives a bit more information on how the extension follow-ups looked at our house. :D Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3930

Blessings,
Carrie