New here.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Molly

New here.

Post by Molly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi everyone. I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Michelle and I am a homeschooling Mum of four, who are 10, 8, 6 and almost 2. We live in the South Island of New Zealand on a farm twenty minutes drive from a town. I have looked at HOD in the past, but never more than a passing glance, then God really laid it on my heart to look at it just the other day. I have found just what I am looking for, after a journey with God over the past several months. Anyway, we are going to get Preparing for our girls, the 8 year old will just do the basic work, and the 10 year old will do the extensions. At this stage, that is all we will be getting, but I am hoping by mid next year that our 6 yr old son may be ready for something a bit more, but we are currently working hard with him and his speech delays and getting him reading, before we throw anything else int he mix. I am really excited and can't wait to place our order and get started next year.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

Heather4Him

Re: New here.

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 am

Hi Michelle!!

Welcome to HOD and the boards!! It's great to have you here. I know what you mean about finding just what you are looking for in HOD. We are on our 2nd year of using it after doing what you did--looking at it in a glance in the past, (I always thought it was just for little kids, and we had "grown out of" the ages for it), and then having God redirect me to look at it again more closely. It was then that I saw it was such a great fit for our homeschool. We are now, God-willing, planning to use HOD all the way through high school! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 am

Welcome!
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Molly,

Welcome to the HOD Boards! :D We're glad to have you here. :D We pray that you will enjoy Preparing Hearts as much as we have in the past. :D We look forward to getting to know you better as we travel the HOD path together. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Welcome to HOD! We're currently doing Preparing and having a wonderful year. I pray you will be blessed by it as much as we have! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome to HOD! I'm on my own journey with God too, and HOD has really helped me walk along this journey with peace and joy. May the Lord bless your teaching with PHFHG! We are doing PHFHG right now and absolutely loving it. Glad you are here, Michelle - may God continue to lead us both! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Molly

Post by Molly » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am

Thank you for the welcomes. I am getting more and more excited. We have finished school for the year, and have a little over two weeks to make the Christmas gifts, catch up with people and get the house ready before we head off for two weeks to the North Island to have our first Christmas with my family. I haven't had Christmas with my whole family since I was 20. It is a long time. But, the funniest thing is now I think I'm more excited about starting school again next year than I am about our holiday. Ok, it is probably just an equal excitement.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH