Colonial Times? Which guide(s)?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
anointedhsmom

Colonial Times? Which guide(s)?

Post by anointedhsmom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm

I am teaching in my sons Tutorial one day a week and next semester we are covering the Colonial Times. I don't like the sources that I've found up to this point and it hit me that I might be able to use one of the HOD guides to pull topics, reading, and activities from. My kids range in ages from K to 2nd for one class and 3rd to 5th for the other. I also have 6th to 8th graders. I'm wondering if Rev to Rev would have enough in it for me to reasonable cover the Colonial Time period with them too.

What do you think ladies? What guides would be best? I would love to be able to pass on the wonderfulness that is HOD to these kids :wink:
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

anointedhsmom

Re: Colonial Times? Which guide(s)?

Post by anointedhsmom » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm just bumping this up in the hopes that someone might have some information for me. Right now I only own RtR. So I can't really peruse the guides to see if I can put something together. :lol:
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

tollhousemom

Re: Colonial Times? Which guide(s)?

Post by tollhousemom » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't have a specific answer, but I do know that you can browse the table of contents for each guide by clicking on the "introduction" sample for each one. You might want to look at Beyond, Bigger, and Rev to Rev. By looking at the table of contents and book selections, you might be able to discern what would work.