Bigger question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof2n2

Bigger question

Post by momof2n2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:55 pm

I am trying to figure out what to buy now and what I can wait to buy.

For history - is the primary text First Book in American History, or A Child's Story of America?

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Edited because I answered without looking at my books, and I've got three different HODs going around here! :-)

Ummm A Child's Story of America is in the Extension pack.... will you be using this with your 7 yo old son? I don't think you will be doing the extension? But, if I am making a wrong assumption, and you ARE using the extension books, then both of these books are used at the same time. :-)
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm using Bigger... now, and to make the program work, you need the entire economy package. Here's a link showing what's in that:
http://www.heartofdakota.com/bigger-hearts-packages.php

You save about $11 by ordering the entire economy package, but if you need to spread out that order, I looked at my Bigger... guide, and buying
"A First Book in American History" and "Journeys in Time" would get you through the first 5 units (weeks). By Unit 6, you'd need "Stories of Great Americans". The 4 history books in the economy package are used on a rotating basis in chronological order of history.

You wouldn't need anything from the Extension pack unless you have an older student doing it.

The Economy Package, Science add-on, and Basic package are usually used with Bigger..., but you could stagger those purchases too. I'd love to help you with this, but I'm not sure if this has helped at all. If it hasn't, please post again with more questions!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:50 pm

ok - thank you!

All of the other books in the extension pack are held by my library, so I was thinking if I needed it, I should just order it all at once... but I don't think I will need it for an 8 year old. THANK YOU.

I think I need to just order the teacher's books and go from there. I am such a black and white person. The internet shopping makes my eyes google around. :roll:

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways