Beyond & DITHOR - Do I need different book sets??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kamariden

Beyond & DITHOR - Do I need different book sets??

Post by kamariden » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 am

We're going to do Beyond and DITHOR. I'm trying to put together the list of everything I need to buy for this. Am I correct in thinking I need one of the Book Packs (classics/boys/girls) listed on the Beyond page AND a whole different set of genre books for DITHOR? I mean, I'm not supposed to use the same books for both, right? :? The reason I'm thinking they need to be different is because the Beyond storytime books I am supposed to read aloud to him, but the DITHOR books he is supposed to either read to himself or read aloud to me. Am I understanding this right?
Happily Married to Luke since 2001
Ethan - doing LHFHG part time, will begin BLHFHG fulltime Jan. 2012
Quintin - doing part time LHTH.
Liam - studying the art of annoying his brothers and taking out anything that has been put away. (toddler)

beverett

Re: Beyond & DITHOR - Do I need different book sets??

Post by beverett » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:45 am

Thats right! :D You would choose one of the Deluxe packages (boy, girl, or classic set), and if you are doing DITHOR you would(can) choose a Dithor book set for the level you are doing with your child. I am not sure what age your child is, but Beyond has the Emerging Readers set... these are books for your child to read to you and would be done before they started DITHOR. (You may already know this though, if so sorry) :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 am

Correct you need a storytime set, as well as either the DITHOR set or the emerging readers for independent reading.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 am

Yes, you would choose one of the book packs (classic, boy, or girl) for the Storytime box in Beyond and then you need another set of books to be used as the readers for DITHOR. For a child in Beyond, you would probably be looking at the Level 2 books or Level 3 books to go with DITHOR. HTH! :)

kamariden

Post by kamariden » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 am

beverett wrote:Thats right! :D ..... and if you are doing DITHOR you would(can) choose a Dithor book set for the level you are doing with your child. .....
At first I could figure out what "DITHOR book set" you were referring to since I hadn't seem one in my browing of the HOD website, so I googled "DITHOR book set" and found this: http://www.heartofdakota.com/store/ which mentions book set as part of a package (at least that's how I read it) but I can't find any clickable links for details on which books are included. :?:
Liam - studying the art of annoying his brothers and taking out anything that has been put away. (toddler)

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 am

Here's a link to the DITHOR main page. On it you can see 4 links on the top for "optional book packs." They're actually called book packs here not sets so maybe that is why it didn't come up in your search. When you click on each of those links, you'll find various book packs for that level including level 2, level 3, level 4/5 boys, level 4/5 girls, level 5/6 boys, level 5/6 girls, and level 6/7. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

kamariden

Post by kamariden » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Ooooooooh! :D I didn't see a link in your post, but I used your comments as a guide and went back to the DITHOR main page and this time looked more closely at the top. And then of course, I spotted the optional books links. Guess I just passed over that part before. :oops: Thanks so much!! :D

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Sorry about that. I must have still been half asleep and didn't put the link in. :oops: I'm glad you were able to find it anyway. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1