Got to Share HOD Today!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tnahid

Got to Share HOD Today!

Post by tnahid » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Today at the library, I got to share HOD with another homeschooling mother. I was showing her the DITHOR book and then showed her the website for HOD and the layout of some of the manuals, and I was explaining it all to her. I felt like an HOD salesman! LOL :P :P :P It was so fun! She said "Wow, this really does seem good!" She is an Abeka user, so she had not ever seen this approach, but really did like it. She said, "Wow! You do a lot!" Funny enough, I said, "It doesn't seem like that much because it's really fun!"

So, just wanted to share. I am getting opportunities every where to share this curriculum. I love it!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

pjdobro

Re: Got to Share HOD Today!

Post by pjdobro » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:37 am

That's wonderful that you are spreading the word! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 am

That is so cool. I love opportunities like that.
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 am

I share w everyone I know!
I live on the west coast and so many over here have never heard.
Next to the good news of the Gospel, HOD is up next. ;-)
I keep extra catalogs in my car and hand them out at every oportunity!
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 pm

This is great to hear, ladies! :D I'm so glad you are sharing HOD with others. Mike and Carrie are always glad to send out extra catalogs for those ladies who want to share HOD with others. Thanks for doing this! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Tina,

You humble us with your willingness to share what you have found with others. :D We pray continually that the Lord will bring those to HOD who may be blessed by what we have to offer. He is always faithful, and we stand amazed. :D

Thank you for sharing HOD with others!

Blessings,
Carrie

kamariden

Post by kamariden » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:51 pm

It's always amazed me that more people don't know about HOD. I tell people every chance I get. Just this last week with telling my eldest son's homeschool center that he would no longer be attending, they asked what curriculum we'd be using at home and when I said, "Heart of Dakota" I got a blank stare. Same thing when I mentioned it to my middle son's preschool. The preschool director has asked me to send her HOD's website link so she can check it out. (She homeschool's her own kids.) I've also gotten to share about it with a few of the other parents at the homeschool center as well. HOD is just such a great program, I think every parent should know about it! :D
Happily Married to Luke since 2001
Ethan - doing LHFHG part time, will begin BLHFHG fulltime Jan. 2012
Quintin - doing part time LHTH.
Liam - studying the art of annoying his brothers and taking out anything that has been put away. (toddler)

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:26 am

kamariden wrote:It's always amazed me that more people don't know about HOD. I tell people every chance I get. Just this last week with telling my eldest son's homeschool center that he would no longer be attending, they asked what curriculum we'd be using at home and when I said, "Heart of Dakota" I got a blank stare. Same thing when I mentioned it to my middle son's preschool. The preschool director has asked me to send her HOD's website link so she can check it out. (She homeschool's her own kids.) I've also gotten to share about it with a few of the other parents at the homeschool center as well. HOD is just such a great program, I think every parent should know about it! :D
Me too! I LOVE HOD and share it often! I get blank stares often, but I share details about it. Some time someone's going to take me up on a catalog, though! It seems I run into people who are ingrained in what they do already, or don't feel the pain of creating their own curriculum...yet. ;)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 am

Same here I'm the new kid to the homeschool group here, so when I mention HOD no one even semed interested with listening about a new Curriculum. However, my district FPEA leader opened a door and the next time she comes to speak Im going to share LHFHG. I have one catalog, how do I get a few additional catalogs so I can share them if anyone is interested?
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:36 pm

christina101902 wrote:I have one catalog, how do I get a few additional catalogs so I can share them if anyone is interested?
There is a link on the Home Page to order a catalog. You could get an extra one there. :D
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com