Is it just me?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Daph

Is it just me?

Post by Daph » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Does anyone else go to the main page and look at the books for upcoming years over and over? Is that just me? I can't wait to get into some of those books for Preparing! I LOVE living books!!! I love having a guide to show me how to use living books!

I think I may be having more fun that my daughter this year. LOL
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

Heidi in AK

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Heidi in AK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:09 pm

It's not just you. :) I had to come to the realization that I'm fascinated with the curriculum and keep anticipating what comes next! :D
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

annaz

Post by annaz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Everytime I see a thread that starts this way, I just wanna say, "YES! It's just you!"

But I can't. It's me too. :mrgreen:
over...
and over...
and over.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

Daph

Post by Daph » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

annaz wrote:Everytime I see a thread that starts this way, I just wanna say, "YES! It's just you!"
:lol: And I would have been completely ok with that!
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Everytime I see a thread that starts this way, I just wanna say, "YES! It's just you!"

But I can't. It's me too. :mrgreen:
over...
and over...
and over.
Annaz, your sense of humor just cracks me up! :lol: I love it!

Daph, I used to do that, but now I'm really just enjoying the time of where we are at. Of course we're doing Preparing now and loving it. :mrgreen: I always love looking at all the new things coming out each year and love reading through others threads of those doing the upper guides. I know there are great things that lie ahead! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

psreit

Post by psreit » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm

I haven't been looking ahead too much, but I do anticipate the new things coming in the future. When someone posts something like ''LOOVE Rev to Rev Science', which has been a recent thread, then I get curious. :) But, we have a long time to wait for that. Like Patty, I'm just enjoying where we are. Time will pass too quickly, so I want to savor each moment teaching dd, because she will be my last. So, I will be patient and wait for those good things to come in HOD. I'm just glad I can relax, knowing that her curriculum is taken care of for a long time. :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Guilty! :lol:

So is my dd5. She's a planner, and she has already said she'll do Beyond for 1st, Bigger for 2nd, and then she forgets what comes next. I told her we are taking it year by year, and she said that this is what she's going to do, and also I need to save all the materials so that when she homeschools her daughter she can use it. :roll: :lol:

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Kristin, that is so cute! Shana just knows she's doing "Little Hearts for His Glory." We might be a year behind you for a while, but that's ok! The girls will graduate together. :)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:44 pm

I am guilty of this, YES! I just love looking at the guides. It is FUN for me! My boys are just in Bigger and my daughter in LHFHG, so we have a ways to go yet! @Kristen, what a precious girl your daughter is! Too sweet!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 am

I do the opposite-I look at the past guides I never got to use and pray for more children :D :D :D
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:51 am

Yes, yes, yes. I'm a planner, and now the planning is done for me, so I have to do something. I just keep looking at the next guide. We did LHFHG, and just started Beyond, but I already started looking at Bigger. I can't help myself. I almost posted some questions about the Bigger curriculum, but I decided to contain myself and just enjoy what we are doing now. If my questions aren't answered by the time we get close to Bigger, although I'm sure they will be, I'll ask them then. I'm trying to just enjoy the year, but late at night, you can catch me sitting at the computer looking over all the future guides. I can't help myself. IT'S SO EXCITING!

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Ha ha, I guess I am not a planner as I have not looked ahead even in my Beyond guide much beyond the next few days! I am thankful I don't have to start already looking ahead at what things I will do next year and pulling it all together, we will just do Beyond until we are finished (or nearly finished) and then order Bigger!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:54 pm

hahaha Melissa, I'm not a planner either. I look ahead in the catalog to see what books are in later guides, but I don't look ahead in the guide AT ALL. Maybe I'll peek the night before to see if I need cotton balls or chocolate chips or something, but I didn't buy a completely planned out curriculum to plan ahead on my own. :wink: :lol:

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:28 pm

I never look ahead in my Bigger guide either! Glad I'm not the only one! It is truly open and go in this house!!!! :P :P :P :P
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:02 am

I plan and replan every couple of months before our order days in December each year. I am a big budgeter, so planning helps me see how much we need to put back for the upcomng curriculums each year. Plus its like windowshopping the best book store ever!!! :D
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along