Able To Relax!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
psreit

Able To Relax!

Post by psreit » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Our state requires a daily log to show our number of days completed in our year of school. I need to report dd this year since she is 8, so I got a homeschool journal and for several weeks have been writing in boxes the individual subjects we are doing. Basically, I have been writing titles of books and page numbers from the HOD boxes. Recently I talked to another homeschool mom and she told me I didn't have to give all that information! :shock: She says to just tell what subjects were done. Make a book list to add to the portfolio and that's good enough! I've been doing all this recording and didn't need to be. So, I got rid of my journal with all the boxes and printed out calendar pages with one box per day and just write HOD Unit 1, Day 1, etc. and add PE, Piano, etc. If they want to see detail, I can just show them my HOD guide. It's all there. Why make my own boxes? :roll: I can't believe how it has helped me relax during my school days. Thanks HOD for helping to make this part easy as well. :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

christina101902

Re: Able To Relax!

Post by christina101902 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:07 am

My evaluator for my county litterally said she would accept our HOD guide as our curriculum proof, the list of workbooks and just a few sheets of work and that is it . I just had to give a start and end date :D Thank you HOD.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Able To Relax!

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Oh! I'm so glad for you! :D It is much easier to do less record-keeping. We have had wonderful responses from families all across the nation, who are thrilled to be able to show their HOD guide as proof of their lesson plans each week. As an added benefit in the middle school years, kiddos also have a beautiful portfolio to share as well. These two things work well to prove what is needed in any state and makes your homeschool look very complete. :D

Blessings,
Carrie