Am I the only one????

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
andreamichele13

Am I the only one????

Post by andreamichele13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi all.....I don't even know how to express this, but does anyone else struggle with anxiety and worrying about the future of homeschooling? I lie awake at night, worrying that our freedoms will be taken away. I would be heartbroken if it ever came to that. Does anyone else struggle with this or have some encouragement? I have been praying DAILY about it!
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6
one on the way in September 2014!

mama247

Re: Am I the only one????

Post by mama247 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:00 pm

I think it's one of those areas that we have to put our faith in God and not let our worries and anxiety steal our joy and peace. We do not know the future, but He does. I'm so thankful. Our hope is in HIM. Rest easy and turn your worries over to the One who has it under control. :)

Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

andreamichele13

Post by andreamichele13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Thank you. I know deep down I have to anchor myself in Christ, and trust in His plan. It's really hard right now with all the uncertainty. It's good to know I have other people to encourage me and remind me!!!! :)
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 am

I understand your concerns. I expressed something like this to my husband the other day. He was so good to ground me again and remind me that all is in God's hands. I try to remember that I will not be asked to do anything I cannot handle.

We have also already had a conversation where my husband, a pastor, has told me that if our country ever came to the point that the government told him he could not preach certain truths from Scripture because it was labeled hate speech he would not conform. He would rather face whatever consequences may be than not preach the whole counsel of Scripture. I'm not certain that it will ever come to that, but knowing he is so steadfast in his assurance of what God has called him to do has given me a greater sense of bravery to know I can do what God calls me to do, even if that is to stop homeschooling, or to homeschool in the face of opposition.

I also keep up with ADF and the HSLDA. Both are legal organizations fighting to retain the freedoms we feel concern about. HSLDA is specifically for homeschool issues. It's an encouragement to read what cases are being won on the homeschool front.
Last edited by lissiejo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

I think about one Muslim leader in India who once said "I went to a Christian school all my youth it didn't effect me."
What is modeled at home is the basis for our children s futures. Even if I had to put my children in Public School I hope and pray our example at home will be as good as that guys parents were.

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt 6:34

Friends of ours have enrolled their kids in an online public school, more an more states are accepting this method of teaching because it frees up their budgets and buildings. I don't think we have any clue what the future holds.

I do appreciate you storming the gates of heaven with your prayers! Maybe this is where you stand in the gap for the nation?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

andreamichele13

Post by andreamichele13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Well, it's just good to know that we are all praying about this and that I"m not the only one! :) I do cherish everyday now that I have to influence my children and teach them about Christ! I hardly take it for granted anymore! I don't know why I've been so upset about this. I guess it's just fear, which is not from the Lord! Still praying daily!
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm

No- you are not the only one feeling this way! I've been feeling this lately a lot- lonely and anxious about it at times- which is not like me at all. last night i got a good pep talk from a lady at church i look up to that has hs her children. she reminded me that satan was attacking the good he is seeing going on. and that
we are on a mission with our kids and it's for a season in our lives.

it really helped to hear that. i will pray for you- please pray for me too:)

carrie

andreamichele13

Post by andreamichele13 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Carrie....I will DEFINITELY be praying for you....and for all of us!!!! :) thanks for sharing! :)
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6

momofjka

Post by momofjka » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 am

If this helps, remember that God's Word tells us in 1 Timothy 2:1-2 that "...requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."
So don't lose heart, keep praying for those in authority and remember "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Wife of Jim
Mom of:
Jason (10) PHFHG
Katrina (7) BLHFHG
Anthony (5) LHFHG
Vincent (Born 4/23/2012)