Finished Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mskogen

Finished Preparing

Post by mskogen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:31 am

Last week we finished Preparing with ds9. He was very excited, but a little sad. He truly enjoyed many of the books. He will not start CTC until July so he is studying some other areas of interest to him. He is also learning to type. I miss the structure and plan of HOD but I have modeled what he is doing after HOD plans. Preparing is a wonderful program. I look forward to doing it again and again :D
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

LAB

Re: Finished Preparing

Post by LAB » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

How exciting! We'll be doing Preparing next and I'm so excited! We are finishing up Bigger and its been a wonderful year!
Laura, mommy to Christine (1-02), Nicole (5-03), both doing Bigger, Everett (4-09) and Alister (9-10)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 am

Congratuations on finishing Preparing! 8) I must admit that finishing a guide feels like saying "goodbye" to an old friend. :cry: Yet, we love to say "hello" to a new guide too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah for your ds...Way to go and he will be even more excited when he starts CTC in July! :D :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

alliclaymoore

Post by alliclaymoore » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 am

Carrie,

That is funny that you compare finishing a guide to saying goodbye to an old friend. We have just recently started with Preparing, Beyond, and LHTH. I am enjoying them all thoroughly! Even though we are in the beginnings of these books, I was flipping through the pages of the Preparing guide the other day and got really sad when I saw the last pages, because it reminded me that these are all going to end eventually, lol. Of course the very next thought I had was that we would be able to start new ones when those do end, so the sadness didn't last long. :lol:

Blessings!
Allison
Wife to Clay
Mommy to Rachel (Preparing), Luke (Beyond), and Sarah (LHTH)