Future Programs

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Homeschooling6

Future Programs

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 pm

If I do 'Preparing'this year with my 8, 9 & 10yr. olds. Would I have to find another program next year or will the next program be ready?

Blessings,
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:21 am

I couldn't say for sure and I really don't think anyone can. So far Carrie has done a great job at putting out one per year, and keeping ahead of her sons. But what I look at is that as the guides are geared more and more toward older children they will take more work to create. Plus life just happens sometimes. Diana Waring was doing super good with her revised guides (my hearth throb history study :D ) until she got in a wreck. Threw things off about a year as she couldn't put in as many hours even after her initial recoup time. Many of us did our lessons via email attatchment because our guides were not actually printed in time for our school year. Dorian Holt and her dh had to get outside jobs because they unit studies were in competition with the used market and they take much longer to write due to the fact that they are LOADED with commentary. Outside jobs meant that they no longer had full days to research and write. Put off their printing too and many people had to fill in time with something else. You just never know. We can just pray that things will go well for Carrie and family and her writing. :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks, I'm just tyring to get an idea. I know things can't be set in stone :wink: but was wondering what the plans where :?
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 am

Sorry! Early morning brain fog!! :oops: Certainly you are asking about plans.
I really think the plans are one per year, but Carrie will be able to say for sure.
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 am

I am sure Carrie will step in and talk for herself but I know that she is a woman of her word. :D I originally was going to hurry up and be ready for Preparing when it came out and I was fine being on the new release date with each plan to follow. It was only wanting a 4 day week that held us back from being close to that plan. So for myself just with the interaction I have had with the company and talking to her personally I am confident it will be that way. 8) And I am by nature a worrier about those kinds of things as well. :roll: I have to know where everything is heading and when we will get there.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:05 pm

So, does Carrie plan to do future guides after Preparing? I thouhgt I read she did plan to, but now I can't remember....

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes! Carrie is planning to do one guide per year (Lord Willing) through 8th grade...., and that's only because we've not been able to talk her into highschool :wink: (yet)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:50 pm

YAY! Well, that is GREAT news! I just really don't want to do American again....and I am so anxious for Preparing. I could easily do BIGGER, but again, not sure I want to do Amer. We just finished SL 1 and MOH up to the Greeks, so I want to at least kind of stay on that path. I dont want to stop and do American and then start back. But I might. Oh, so many hard decisions!

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:05 pm

MamaMary wrote:Yes! Carrie is planning to do one guide per year (Lord Willing) through 8th grade...., and that's only because we've not been able to talk her into highschool :wink: (yet)
Yahoo! :D
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:41 pm

I just wish o wish that I could get preparing earlier than August. Any possibility?

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 am

Ladies,

We are planning to release a guide a year (in order to keep up with my own sons). My oldest already misses out on the full benefit of our guides, so we want to keep up with our next 3 boys, so they can all benefit from the guides being fully written! This is motivating for us! :lol:

There will be 4 guides to follow "Preparing...", scheduled at the pace of one per year. These 4 guides will do the 4 year history cycle. The focus will be on world history.

Ancients is first after "Preparing..." (Egypt, Greece, and Rome). Medieval, Renaissance and Reformation will be next. Third will be renaissance through 1800's or so. Fourth will be 1800's through modern times. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Carrie, thank you so much. This is a big help for me on figuring out my oldest (who will be in 5th grade) this year.

Blessings,
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Here is what it would look like if I used Preparing this year