Fractions in Singapore need help and advice (3B to 4A)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
doubleportion

Fractions in Singapore need help and advice (3B to 4A)

Post by doubleportion » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 am

My dd is doing the section of fractions and common denominators in 3B. She has really struggled with it and has just begun to understand it after we are about finished with the section. Are adding and subtracting fractions and common denominators etc covered again in 4A? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to find some printable worksheets to work on it more before we move on in the book, or if she will see it again in the future and practice more down the road in the next book.

I was not really happy with the way common denominators were introduced in Singapore where we are in 3B and dd has struggled with getting the process. Anyone else have experiences with this that might be helpful?

Thanks,
Edie
dd 13 -Rev2Rev (enjoyed PHFHG, CTC, RTR)
ds 8 -Beyond
ds 6 LHFHG & ds 2 & ds 6 months
4 waiting for us with Jesus

my4sugars

Re: Fractions in Singapore need help and advice (3B to 4A)

Post by my4sugars » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:30 pm

It is covered again in 4A. My ds also had a bit of a time understanding the concept last year, but he did much better with them this year. It didn't seem to go over his head this time around. HTH!
Kimi~
Mama to the 4
greatest kids
this side of heaven!
Jesse, Shannon, Mary, & Seth