Little Hands users

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof4

Little Hands users

Post by momof4 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Hello,
Just wondering what unit everyone is on and if you're having as much fun as I am with this program?

We'll be starting Unit 13 next week.

We've laughed at our 1yr old slapping her head (not hard) when we say 'Adam can you believe?" I've been wrestled to the ground more than once by my 4 yr old and told I wouldn't be let go unless I bless him. And we've laughed at our very poor attempt to put Unit 12's "fingerplay" to the tune of "This Old Man". This is even after hubby told me how to do it. We did manage to learn the days of the week.

Hope you are having fun, too.

Blessings.
Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

Candice

Post by Candice » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi Laurie,

Your household sounds like a ton of fun with your kids having such a great time with the activities in Little Hands. I am not sure which week we are really on, we keep jumping around, repeating some things and skipping others.

My husband gave me a treadmill for my birthday (yay!) and after it was pulled from the huge box we ended up using the box as Noah's Ark. We pulled it into the front yard, brought in way too many stuffed animals as well as my 8 month old and closed the door shut. We made rain and wind noises then I was sent out to find an olive branch (we actually have an olive tree) to see if the flood had receded. We then opened the hatch and came out to view my daughter's rainbow paper craft that was taped to her bicycle. We were happy to see God's promise and tons of sunshine as well as green grass to touch! All of the playtime and activities brought to you by Little Hands!

Candice

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:04 am

We are just finishing up Lesson 2 and my little guys love it. It's amazing to see how much my 22 month old picks up from it. And my 4 year old loves the fingerplays. He even made up a few verses of his own for a bee and a butterfly in Noah's boat. Love this program!
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 pm

we are actually skipping around and not going 1, 2, 3, etc, so it's hard to say what lesson we're on! :lol:
Greyson loves it, though-he's been doing this for his "school" for two years now and so this year we're reviewing things and I let him pick what he wants to do. He loves the letter pages and the number pages!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: