Do you...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mom24boys

Do you...

Post by mom24boys » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

rip the pages out of your handwriting book?

I'm a little retentive and have a hard time taking apart books, but I want what's best for my children. Should I be ripping out the Reason For Handwriting pages so that they lay flat on the table?

Thanks for the encouragement!
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger

mommadonna

Re: Do you...

Post by mommadonna » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

I do...I don't want him to have to fuss with the entire book as he is trying to write. My thinking was that it would be one less distraction. I am not doing his math book though(for now) as it does not have perforated pages, I plan to just have the entire workbook hole punched and put it in his binder when we are done. hth
Donna
ds7 Beyond
dd4 listening in, consuming workbooks, TRL and some of LHFHG
ds2 making us all laugh and eating erasers

MommyMc

Post by MommyMc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I do, because I think it is easier for them. But I do feel badly doing it. :D I always am trying to figure out the best way to save their work. However, we lost my DD's entire kindergarten and first grade years of school when our garage flooded this summer. They were in a box that I thought was up high enough to be "safe," but it wasn't. I'll admit, I cried. :(

Anyway, I still think it's best to rip the pages out-- even if it's hard for Mom to mess up the books. :P
Anita
Wife to a hard-working hubby
Mom to five great kiddos (4/98, 2/00, 3/05, 11/06 and 3/09)

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 am

Why didn't I think of this for Cheerful Cursive????
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 pm

funkmomma71 wrote:Why didn't I think of this for Cheerful Cursive????
Because it lays totally flat! :D You didn't mess up anything there, but I didn't think of it for ARFH. :shock: Hmmm, well I've got one more ds to get it right with. :lol: They are very neat writers though - I guess I didn't mess them up too much. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mom24boys

Post by mom24boys » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:17 am

I think issues seem a little more exaggerated/obvious when you have a lefty.

Thanks so much for your help. I think I needed permission to rip the pages out. :? Now, I can also try taping them at the correct angle since they will be out of the book.
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger