Emerging Reader and DITHOR?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
John'smom

Emerging Reader and DITHOR?

Post by John'smom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 am

Just wondering how long each of these take each day? Reading for both my dc has really taken off the last couple months. My dd will be in first next year and I believe is ready now for the emerging readers. How long will that approx. take with her each day? It doesn't appear it would take that long if you're reading the book over the 5 days. My ds has recently read some of the books from the list (although I can't wait to get the manual for all the wonderful questions) and seems like he can finish them in no longer than 30 min.

My ds will be in 3rd next year and I believe will possibly be ready for DITHOR for 3rd grade with lots of continued reading over the summer, we would be doing level 2/3. I think I've read on the boards about 30 min/day. Is that accurate?

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the schedule for next year. I can't wait to get HOD at Convention in April!!!! :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

LeAnna

Re: Emerging Reader and DITHOR?

Post by LeAnna » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 am

Hi!

You are going to love the Emerging Readers!! Carrie has done a wonderful job with picking good wholesome choices! It's so nice not to have to worry about what my children are reading!!:) As far as the Emerging Readers go, the time it takes, is generally about 10 minutes a day. It's broken into bite size pieces, so that the kids can really learn to comphrehend what they are reading.:)
I haven't gotten to DITHOR, yet, but from what I am gathering on the board, it generally takes 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy your reading!!

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!