Little Hearts Literature Supplement

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ncmomof5

Little Hearts Literature Supplement

Post by ncmomof5 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone uses this supplement to go along with their history/Bible lesson. I have found that my library has several of the books, and I checked several out to look over. I am just curious if anyone else has incorporated these into their lessons and how they did it.

Thanks!
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

happy@home

Re: Little Hearts Literature Supplement

Post by happy@home » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:57 pm

The summer before we started LHFHG I made a list of all the supplemental books from the appendix, then I went online and looked to see if our libraries (we live in the "corner" of 3 counties) had any of them. I made a chart that listed the supplemental books that we have access to by units. I will admit that I also purchased several of the books just cause they sounded neat! :D We simply can't have too many books!

We just get the books at the library if they are in, if not we skip that one. Then we try to read the books sometime during the unit. That's all we do, just read them. Sometimes we read them during our "History Box" and sometimes we read them on the weekend! If we don't have time, that's o.k. too!!

That's what we do with them! :D :D
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

my3sons

Re: Little Hearts Literature Supplement

Post by my3sons » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

We did the same thing as the pp when we did LHFHG with our first ds. We enjoyed reading the supplemental books we had access to at our leisure. :D The last time we did LHFHG with our middle ds, I didn't do any of the supplemental books as I was pregnant and on bedrest. Both years were wonderful! So, if you have the time and the books, adding the supplemental books in is so much fun, but if not, LHFHG is great with just its daily plans too. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie