Narration with 2 children

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Busymomma1

Narration with 2 children

Post by Busymomma1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:52 am

Question: How do some of you handle doing narrations when you have 2 children listening to the same content? Do you alternate who narrates on different days, or do you have them take turns, send one to do other stuff, etc? I need to get my younger one's skills up to speed without neglecting the older one. If there's already a thread on this, could you give the link?

Thanks so much!
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)

water2wine

Re: Narration with 2 children

Post by water2wine » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:07 am

I did narration with 4 last year and this year I have three in the same program. I just always keep them guessing who is going to get asked. I will let one start and the other finish. I will let one do the whole thing and the other try to fill in gaps that the other one missed. It is fun with more than one to narrate. Kind of makes it like a game. It works very well. Everyone still has to listen but never tell them who you are going to ask. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Narration with 2 children

Post by Carrie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Busymomma1,

I know I'm very late to this thread, but I did want to link you to a previous thread on this topic that may also help: :D viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4207

Blessings,
Carrie