Looking for HOD users in Woodstock or North Georgia

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof5woodstockga

Looking for HOD users in Woodstock or North Georgia

Post by momof5woodstockga » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey there. I am trying to form a support group here in Woodstock, GA or surrounding this area. If you are using HOD or know a friend who is please email me or pass this message to them!
hisworldisourschool@gmail.com
We are a Christian family of 5 kids, 10 to 1 and are very excited about HOD. My husband and I are very active in a Non-denominational church here and I lead two book studies using Todd Wilson's Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe. So we stay social but I want to build a group that uses HOD. I have sold two more friends on it and have one friend currently using it. I just want to find some other families that are experienced with this product. We have homeschooled CM style for awhile now. That's why HOD appealed to me, but I just found it in July!!
Kirsten

Chandlerr2

Re: Looking for HOD users in Woodstock or North Georgia

Post by Chandlerr2 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Kirsten,

I live in Gwinnett and have three boys (ages 11, 8 and 5) who will be using HOD this year. We'd definitely be interested in joining the group. I'm sending you an email now. :D

Thanks!
Chandler

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:28 pm

How far away is this from the North Carolina border?

There is a small group of us growing here in southwestern NC using Heart of Dakota.

Rebecca

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:33 pm

There are quite a few of us in the Metro Atlanta area - several in the North Metro Atlanta area. I am also in Gwinnett.

I will be organizing some field trips in the Metro area. Our first will be to Mayfield Dairy which is near the Mall Of Georgia/Chateau Elan area (North Atlanta - Outside the Perimeter). Details to follow. Watch this board for information.

HTH,
Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Sounds like some good things happening for North GA HODies. :D That's exciting. What kind of support group is it going to be? Are we talking for moms or for families to get together type thing and do field trips etc. I am ignorant on the term. :lol: We have pretty much not done any groups except for just getting together with families we know up to this point in our hsing. So I don't know what all the types of groups are. Could you explain? :D I have a neighbor that uses HOD she may be interested in all of the stuff going on in GA as well. I do not think she does the board.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

kayben

Post by kayben » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:12 am

Just saying "HI" Kirsten. Good for you. You are so good at this! Love you.... This is my sister in law :D
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

momof5woodstockga

Post by momof5woodstockga » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Would you all North to mid Georgians be interested in an ice cream social this Friday at my home in Woodstock ga?? My kids are: Hannah 10
TJ 81/2
Ryan 6
Jake 31/2
Hailey 18mos
LHTH and Bigger with explode the code and easy grammar plus extensions
404-4838924
Kirsten mom and wife of Tim 14 years :)

kayben

Post by kayben » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:14 am

Kirsten,
I WANT TO COME!! Ladies you really need to do this! She has lots of space for the kiddos and is so gracious with her time and energy. If it didn't take me 14 hours, I would so be there!!!!! :D :D :D
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

mom2koh

Post by mom2koh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Just sent ya a PM. We would love to come!
Amy
Mom to
DD (5.5) Beyond
DS (2.5) tagging along and learning to sing ABC's