Yay!!!! I Placed My Order (Intro)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
j_croche

Yay!!!! I Placed My Order (Intro)

Post by j_croche » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Jennifer. I have 5 kiddos: ds 11, ds 9, dd 6, ds 3 & ds 8 months. I am so excited to have found HOD. My older two are going to be using PLHFHG and my dd will be using LHFHG.
I placed my order on yesterday afternoon :!: :wink: . Carrie was so helpful in helping me to decide on the best programs for my children. :D
I am looking forward to being a part of your HOD community. We are all looking forward to getting our box in; it's going to be like Christmas!!! :mrgreen:
Blessings,
Jennifer
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

mamaof3peas

Re: Yay!!!! I Placed My Order (Intro)

Post by mamaof3peas » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 pm

hi, its nice to meet you. im new here too! i have a dd 8, and ds6 and dd 8mos, we will be starting beyond with both hopefully next week. i was a little worried about starting in oct., but we have already done the math and phonics up till now, so we wont really be behind. are you new to hsing or are you switching curriculums?
Heather :)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the boards. All the ladies here are wonderful and very helpful. You are going to love HOD!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 pm

:D :D Welcome Jennifer :D :D

You'll have to let us know when all your fun books arrive! Box day is great!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Jennifer and welcome! :D I am a mom of many as well. You are going to love HOD! The programs are wonderful and your kids are going to love them. This is also a wonderful group of people on the board. We are happy to have you here. Let us know when you get your box and have your first day. Hopefully you will find the same thing I did, it was love at first use. Our first day went great and we have honestly never had a bad HOD day. You will love it too and welcome! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 am

Hi Jennfer
Welcome to HOD, I feel soooooooooooooooooo excited for you, as HOD is amazing, it is like the world's best kept homeschooling secret, maybe not so secret :) , but I keep finding myself thinking, why does'nt everyone use this!!!!

I really look forward to getting to "know" you better as we journey together on our HOD adventure!!!

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 am

Welcome! As the other ladies have said you will love HOD! It is God honoring, efficient and truly fun. I work a full time job, so efficiency was high my priority list but I didn't at the time how much fun we would have with it. My dd is learning, by leaps and bounds, not only the 3 R's but also how to love the LOrd an how He loves her. May God BLess you and your family.
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:52 am

:D Welcome! :D HOD is a great place! My kids love love love the curriculum, and the board is such a warm, friendly, Christian place.

We love box day, too. It really is like Christmas!

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:46 am

Welcome Jennifer! We are using BHFHG with my son who is 9. You will love HOD. We sure do and I sure wish I had started with HOD from the beginning. My life would have been easier I do believe.

Blessings!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:00 am

Oh Jennifer,

Your life is about to change! This program is the vehicle that will help you make those forever memories with your children. Take lots of pictures and hold onto your memories! I am so glad you are here and I can't wait to hear all about your BOX DAY! Try not to tackle or hurt the UPS guy as it might give HOD a bad name. Let him set the boxes down and step away...., :wink: :D :D :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:00 am

Welcome, Jennifer!

How nice it is to meet another mom of many. I smiled when I saw your post because I have a 10 dd, 9 ds, 7 ds, 4 ds, and a 9mo old dd. Very close to the ages of your children. I know how busy that can be. I look forward to hearing how HOD works for you. It will still be busy, but it helps me feel confident that I am covering everything.

Look forward to getting to know you in the coming school year. I, too, am curious to know if you are new to homeschooling or new to this curriculum. FYI - I did 4 wks of school before I decided to use HOD, so we have only done 5 units. But we are loving it.

Have a great day!

In His love,
RuthAnn
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:56 am

Jennifer,

So glad you're here and have found HOD. I believe you will love the program(s). We have used Beyond (last year) and are using Bigger...and Little Hands...this year. My kids have fun with their learning, and I learn a lot too. And the people here on the boards are so vey helpful. Please let us know how you first day/week goes, and be sure to ask questions as you have them because we all love to offer help. :D

I wish I was having another box day...have to wait 'til spring or summer. :( :cry: :wink:

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Thank you all so much for the WARM WELCOME.

We did home school in the early years, but my older 2 attended school for a little over 2 years. My dd started K last August, but we pulled all of the children out of school in Nov. We were expecting a baby and I really wanted to be home with my then 2 year old and the new baby. So, I quit working and we brought everyone home. :D

When we brought them home, I just continued with the A Beka and Bob Jones curriculum for the remainder of the school year.

I knew that I wanted something different for this school year so I began searching and narrowed it down to HOD, MFW, & SL.
Well we couldn't afford any of them at the time, so I was going to try to aquire a little at a time using resources, readers, etc.. from the catalogs. I did purchase their Lang.(R&S and Easy Grammar) and Math(Saxon) . Needless to say, with 5 kiddos, I didn't have time for the planning. Everyday seemed frustrating and overwhelming. I began to pray for God to show me how to make this work. We didn't have the money to buy all of the resources and consistently going to the libray was a challenge.
Well, to make a long story short, through a series of unexpexted events, we were blessed with a financial blessing that would enable us to purchase curriculum. Now I had to decide on which curriculum to order. I had actually weeded out Sonlight because we need the hands on activities. So it was now HOD or MFW. I was torn as these are both wonderful programs. I poured over reviews and catalogs over and over. Finally I decided on MFW---but I kept feeling like I needed to take another look at HOD. Two nights in a row my dh came home and asked if I had placed my order and I said no, "I'm just not sure if that's the one we need to go with." They next day I called HOD and Carrie spoke with me for a whole HOUR! She took the time to help me figure out what would work for my dc. Now I have to say that I spoke to several diff. home school suppliers and HOD's customer service is second to NONE :!: :D I hung up the phone with confidence. When dh came home I showed him the catalog and he was sold. I placed my order the very next day.

I told my husband that I'm not even going to second guess my decision because both choices were bible based and I can't ruin my children with God's word :) Either way we are putting God first in our home school, it just seems like HOD will be a better fit for me and my dc. We needed to be able to group some of them together but not leave the younger one behind or the older one bored. with the HOD extensions we can easily group the boys together.

I do apologize for writing a novel--lol

God Bless,
Jennifer
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:32 pm

Jennifer,

It's so good to "see" you on the board! The ladies here are so encouraging and uplifting aren't they! It is truly a great place to come together and share our HOD homeschooling journey. I am always so amazed at the outpouring of love from the ladies on the board to each and every new person that posts! You can just see Christ's love shining through all of them! :wink:

We'll be looking forward to your BOX DAY too! We're glad you're here! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Wow Jennifer, I loved your "novel" it is so exciting to see how God is working in people's lives. Isn't that beautiful how Carrie spent so much time with you. I love how you said you got off the phone feeling so confident. I believe that is half the battle won, feeling confident, and being able to trust that God's word will do beautiful things in the lives of our familes.
Thanks for sharing :D
Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!