LHTH Bible

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
crlacey

LHTH Bible

Post by crlacey » Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 am

Many years ago I used LHTH with my older children. Since then, we have moved 3 times and I can't seem to find the Bible we had for LHTH. I'm gearing up to start it with my youngest soon and the older kids are looking forward to helping teach her. Is it possible to use the Bible that comes in the LHFHG package? Or are different stories included in each Bible? It's been too long for me to remember.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

MomtoJGJE

Re: LHTH Bible

Post by MomtoJGJE » Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 am

I just use the Bibles that we have. Sometimes it's a children's story Bible and sometimes it's just the regular Bible

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Tue May 05, 2015 8:27 pm

It may be harder to use another Children's Bible because you would have to find the specific story they are talking about in that. I have read the stories from the Bible for an older child in LHTH (say 4) and found that actually works out pretty well. I think it helps them get used to listening to the Bible being read, which is something we strive for. But for a younger one, 3 or so, it might be difficult for them to comprehend and follow, and the children's Bible does have such nice pictures in it!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks. Maybe I'll try to find one used that's cheap. Or maybe Grandma can get it as her birthday present!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH