Catalogs

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
christina32344

Catalogs

Post by christina32344 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I just received my new shipment !!!!Yay!!!! However, there was no new catalog included? Is this a new policy? I have always received a catalog with my prior orders.
Christina
LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG,PHFHG, now CTC- daughter age 11
LHTH-son age 3

Mumkins

Re: Catalogs

Post by Mumkins » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 am

The new catalog still hasn't been released. Once it is, it'll be in new orders.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

Ladies,

The new catalog is finally off to the printer! We are thankful to have it wrapped up. :D The first part of the World History Guide had to come first, and then the catalog! :D So, once the catalogs are printed, they will begin to be mailed out. I believe that anyone who has ordered from Heart of Dakota within the last 2-3 years will automatically receive a catalog. Also, anyone who has requested a catalog within the last 2 years will also automatically receive one. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Carrie wrote:Ladies,

The new catalog is finally off to the printer! We are thankful to have it wrapped up. :D The first part of the World History Guide had to come first, and then the catalog! :D So, once the catalogs are printed, they will begin to be mailed out. I believe that anyone who has ordered from Heart of Dakota within the last 2-3 years will automatically receive a catalog. Also, anyone who has requested a catalog within the last 2 years will also automatically receive one. :D

Blessings,
Carrie
Yay, can't wait to see it :mrgreen:
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Ladies,

I wanted to update you on a change about the upcoming catalog printing.

After we got our proof back from the printer for our new catalog this fall, and the catalog was ready to run, Mike and I spent awhile trying to determine whether it was wise to send the new catalog out at that juncture, since the new World History Guide was not really done (and in the catalog it appeared that it was). Sending out the new catalog with the World History Guide in it like it was done at that point would have been very confusing to our customers.

This fact, coupled with the fact that we have always wanted to get back to having our new catalog mail in March, but were never able to do it (getting later and later each year with the catalog's release - simply due to my writing projects going later and later each year), made us decide to wait to print the new catalog until early March 2015 when the World History Guide will be done. :D

This plan also resets our catalog cycle to a better season for our customers' needs and allows us to hand out the new catalog at conventions, which our so many people really appreciate. So, this is why there is no new catalog coming right now.

With the busy season we had this past summer, we really didn't have a chance to sit down and thoroughly think through this process until we sat with the finished proof in hand! So, I apologize for the wait on the catalog! We will run it in March, and mail it out then. :D

One added benefit for those who are purchasing between now and March is that there will not be any price increases until then (even though prices have gone up on many items we carry from other publishers). So, we will honor the current pricing on our website and in the current catalog until the new catalog ships. :D

In Christ,
Carrie

Rice

Post by Rice » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks for the update! Makes perfect sense!

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Great! Can't wait to see it:)

What about the following guide? Early US history I believe? Will that be in the 2016 catalog then?
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm one who'll be ordering the World History guide in February. :) Will the guidebook be ready at that time?

I've also been wondering if the next guide is still projected for the following year on schedule?

Thanks! ;)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!