Question on setting up RtoR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jhperry

Question on setting up RtoR

Post by jhperry » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm trying to set up my kiddos notebooks for Resurrection to Reformation and had a couple of questions. On the MapTrek CD, I first printed all the student maps (I need two copies of each of those) and plan to put them in page protectors in the SNB. Then they can slide them out, label & color, then slide back in the protector. I was going to print the color teacher maps and place in a folder for them both to reference. I then went through the Geography boxes in the TG and noticed not all the maps are used...is this right or am I missing something?

For A Child's Geography, I see where they need to choose and print a postcard template from the CD...one a unit? Then they are to tape this to an unlined sheet of paper that they have copied their bible verse on? Are they supposed to cut out both of the postcards separately and tape them to the science NB page? Should they be on regular copy paper or cardstock?

I'm just a little confused and want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thanks for any help!
Jamie
*Mom to Ds 14, Dd 12, Dd 10, and Ds 5
*Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, DITHOR, CTC, RtoR, Rev2Rev & MTMM

lmercon

Re: Question on setting up RtoR

Post by lmercon » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Most of the teacher maps are used. I think you'd have very little waste by printing them all. I printed the post cards as we went because sometimes which particular card was best, with how many boxes there were, space for a diagram, etc. would depend on the assignment. Sometimes you use both, and sometimes not. Yes, we just used a glue stick to adhere it to the lined paper.
Hth some,
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

sltress

Re: Question on setting up RtoR

Post by sltress » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 pm

To save all that paper and ink printing out the teacher's maps, could you have them do their map in front of the computer with the teacher map on the screen for them to reference? Just a thought. :)
Stacey