Love how God uses HOD!! Example!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
brokenopen

Love how God uses HOD!! Example!

Post by brokenopen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 am

My oldest DS just started Res to Ref, and he was reading from Peril and Peace yesterday.... He brought me the book and narrated a portion and then said,"Mom, the next part you JUST have to read yourself... i can't do it, it is just too amazing." So he had me read the portion where Polycarp is martyred, which had made a strong and wonderful impression on him.... and just a few hours later he went to church and heard a youth guest speaker preach on being bold and fearless for Christ. He is going to a youth spring break overnight retreat to hear this same speaker preach tomorrow night. I cannot adequately describe the excitement in his eyes, or the joy of this momma's heart.

I love how God weaves HOD into our lives, and I am so thankful for the way Carrie allows God to use her to create a tool to bring His living Word into our hearts.
Mom to 4
DS11 Preparing
DS8 Bigger Hearts
DD6 Little Hearts
DD1

quiverfull

Re: Love how God uses HOD!! Example!

Post by quiverfull » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:58 am

That's so wonderful! I know how exciting and comforting it is to see God working in our children's hearts. So happy for you :)
Married for 30 years….Mom to 9~
Five graduated, four still in school. 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 12, 10

Used/Using
WH
WG
MTMM
Rev2Rev
CtC
Preparing
LHFHG

Molly

Post by Molly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 pm

That is just lovely. Praying your son continues to make connections like that, it truely is glorious.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

That's wonderful! My ds is dyslexic so I have to read the history assignments to him. We both had tears streaming down our cheeks when we read that passage. It is incredibly moving.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:14 pm

broken open wrote:...I love how God weaves HOD into our lives, and I am so thankful for the way Carrie allows God to use her to create a tool to bring His living Word into our hearts.
I could not agree more! What a special memory you and your ds have from that day together! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie