Ress to Reform Map Quest printing help please

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
4arrows

Ress to Reform Map Quest printing help please

Post by 4arrows » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello, getting ready to start Ress to Reform and wanted to print off the maps my daughter will need for the school year... will she need all of them? Trying to save time going through the whole guide and figuring out what will be needed. Can anyone please tell me what pages to print off ahead of time?
Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

pjdobro

Re: Ress to Reform Map Quest printing help please

Post by pjdobro » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm

I just finished printing mine last night. It's quite a few. I think it is pretty much all of the maps. You need to print a copy of the student map for each student. You don't have to print off the teacher map but the student will have to look at it on the computer if you don't so I chose to print the teacher map for all of them as well. I was going to go through the guide unit by unit to see which maps I needed when, but I got a list from another HOD group of all the maps to print and when they are used. I think the only one that didn't need a student map was the Hapsburg map. I haven't gone through my guide and verified these yet, but these are the ones I printed: World Map, Byzantine Empire, Islamic Empire, Empire of Charlemagne, Viking Expansion, Norman Conquests, 1st/3rd and 4th Crusades, Mongol Empire, City Centers of Medieval Europe, Holy Roman Empire, Europe in the 12th Century, The Black Death, The Hundred Year’s War, Renaissance Italy, Early Explorers, The Voyage of Christopher Columbus, African Kingdoms, World Map with Grid, Central and South America, The Reformation, Spanish/Portuguese Empires, Later Explorers, The Netherlands, Medieval Japan, The Expansion of Sweden, Medieval China, The Expansion of Russia, and the Powerful Hapsburg (just the teacher map).

Like you, I figured it would be best to have them all printed and ready to go for the year so I didn't have to worry about being out of ink or paper when they are needed. I'm planning on putting them in a binder with page protectors so they are ready when they need them. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

4arrows

Post by 4arrows » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Patti, Thank you so much for taking the time to write that! So appreciate this board...what a blessing you all are! Thanks, I can now print them all off! :)
Have a God day!
Elizabeth

4arrows

Post by 4arrows » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm

I am having trouble printing the maps in a reduced size...thankfully I only printed 10 maps to start with...they came out so big that only a 1/4 of the map was on the whole page. I checked and I did select "resize to fit the page". However, it is not resizing it. Did anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
Thanks,
Elizabeth

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Do you have an updated version of adobe reader? If not, that might help. My map trek program automatically launched in my browser when I put in the disc, but I had problems printing it from my browser. So I opened the files on the disc manually in my adobe reader program outside of my browser. I was then able to print the files and adjust the print out quality, etc. So if it is opening in your browser, perhaps try going directly onto the files on the disc and opening them in adobe reader. Maybe then you can adjust size, etc. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Elizabeth,
I will be starting RTR in the fall. I am not too technical so not much help. I took my CD to OfficeMax and they printed up the maps for me. One was on large paper and the rest were 8 1/2 x11. They turned out real nice and saved on my ink. I already have MapTrek book that I will use for the teacher maps. Maybe the map you were printing was the large one-the whole world. Have you tried the student maps?
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 29 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 28 Master in TESL, Lead ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2

4arrows

Post by 4arrows » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks Tammy, some of the student maps were ok and some weren't. I think I'll take to Office depot and have it printed for me too :)
Thanks!
Elizabeth