What inspired the name Heart of Dakota?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
susie in ms

What inspired the name Heart of Dakota?

Post by susie in ms » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:45 am

I have always wondered and have been asked by my children. I looked at the FAQs and About pages and couldn't find it. Carrie....anyone....I would love to know the answer to this. :D

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:54 am

Guessing...but I think they live in the "heart" of Dakota.... :?:

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 am

susie,

I have been wondering the same!
Good question.
Candice

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:17 am

Oh this is fun. My guess would be that they were raised there but it is more symbolic of the goal to transfer the heart of what their parents taught them (since they obviously did a good job) to the hearts of other families. So kind of like we want to give to you what was given to us. :D Totally a wild guess. :lol: and I have no idea for the name beyond the obvious. But can I tell you being married to a man from South Dakota, there seems to be something about being from there that is beyond just the place. My dh is always talking about South Dakota. Same stories over and over though. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 am

Oh W2W....I love your guess! Whether that's it or not, it sounds good! :wink:

My dh went on a trip through S. Dakota once and had so much fun. We went to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse, had my first and only buffalo burger, Custer's last stand, Wall Drug, that place where they filmed "Dances with Wolves" which was the very first date dh and I went on was to see that movie, the Badlands, and so many other neat places. It really is a fun place to vacation. And now if we ever go back with the kiddos, we can just call up Julie and Carrie!! :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Ladies,

You are SUCH good guessers! We should put the meaning behind our name on our website. We are named Heart of Dakota because we are essentially focused on turning the hearts of our children toward the Lord. So, that is the heart or the focus of our company, yet we live in South Dakota or "The Heartland" of the U.S., hence our name. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Carrie! I love the inspiration! I will have to pass the info on to my kiddos. :D I got my catalog in and boy am I empressed! All of the samples you have for each guide is great! I think I will hole punch these and put them in a folder.

Malanie, what a vacation! I got to see some of that when I was a kid. My dad wanted to see 13 states that year so we got to see some wonderous sights that year. :D

I loved everybody's guesses! :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

silly

Post by silly » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:02 pm

I love the name and the meaning behind it! I have cousins who grew up in Brookings, and loved visiting them.
Sasha; mama to
Erik (5) LHTH
Jacob (4) LHTH
Lucas (2)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jahayfamilyschool/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Susie,

I'm so glad you liked the info. you received in the mail! We're working on the catalog very had right now to get the new one out in mid-April. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie