We finished our 2nd day with Bigger!......

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Allison TX

We finished our 2nd day with Bigger!......

Post by Allison TX » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm

We just finished our second day with Bigger and it has been so much fun! :D My boys have loved every activity. :) It seems as though Carrie wrote this curriculum specifically for our family. :) Even my 8 year old son, who normally would rather do anything other than schoolwork, really enjoyed the past two days! And he remembers everything we learn and shares it with dad. :) I couldn't be happier! :D

Also, I want to thank Carrie for recommending The Reading Lesson. My daughter, almost 5, has been working through another phonics program all year and not making any progress. I decided to try the Reading Lesson and it has worked wonders! We have been using it for 2 weeks and she is READING! :D And she loves it- especially the computer game. She asks to do her lesson several times a day. :)

Thank you Carrie! I am so glad I found HOD. :D

Allison

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Allison,

HOORAY!! :D I'm sooo happy that your little ones are enjoying school. That was what we wanted for our kiddos too. It is also even more exciting that your daughter is reading. That is a wonderful moment, isn't it! :wink:

Thanks for sharing! You made my day! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie
Last edited by Carrie on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

water2wine

Re: We finished our 2nd day with Bigger!......

Post by water2wine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Allison TX wrote:Also, I want to thank Carrie for recommending The Reading Lesson. My daughter, almost 5, has been working through another phonics program all year and not making any progress. I decided to try the Reading Lesson and it has worked wonders!
Isn't The Reading Lesson wonderful! I have just about every phonics program under the sun because I have one with special needs and I wish I had found this a long time ago. We love it!

Congratulations on how well the program is working for you! Very happy you found your home. :D It's great when it just works!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Yea!! I'm so happy for you. :D It takes a lot to get our little men to want to do school, doesn't it?
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Candice

Post by Candice » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Allison,

I just loved reading your post. So neat to hear that your son is really enjoying Bigger, and congratulations to your daughter, that is awesome!

Candice

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Congratulations, Allison! My kids and I are loving Bigger, too :) And beginning to read is such a great moment 8)
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:10 pm

That's great news, Allison! I'm so glad your days with Bigger are wonderful! It just keeps getting better - we're about 2/3 of the way done with it, and still loving it. Thanks for sharing!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MamaMary

Re: We finished our 2nd day with Bigger!......

Post by MamaMary » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Allison TX wrote:We just finished our second day with Bigger and it has been so much fun! :D My boys have loved every activity. :) It seems as though Carrie wrote this curriculum specifically for our family. :) Even my 8 year old son, who normally would rather do anything other than schoolwork, really enjoyed the past two days! And he remembers everything we learn and shares it with dad. :) I couldn't be happier! :D

Also, I want to thank Carrie for recommending The Reading Lesson. My daughter, almost 5, has been working through another phonics program all year and not making any progress. I decided to try the Reading Lesson and it has worked wonders! We have been using it for 2 weeks and she is READING! :D And she loves it- especially the computer game. She asks to do her lesson several times a day. :)

Thank you Carrie! I am so glad I found HOD. :D

Allison
PTL, Allison! WHat a wonderful testimony and I so agree. We are loving HOD more than I could have ever imagined :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/