Bigger Update

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Natreez

Bigger Update

Post by Natreez » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:23 am

Oh my goodness!! I can't say enough positive things about HOD!!! It is now 11:13am and we are completely finished with our day!!! We didn't skip a single thing and even did our DITHOR too.!! Our year began rather rocky but here we are only in the second week and have gotten into a groove. Yesterday we had vocabulary and my son knew exactly what he had to do! We use that particular box and call it our *special* for the day. I write our schedule on the dry erase board and as we finish our work he enjoys crossing off the subjects. So far we are loving everything about the program. I'm amazed at how much he's truly learning and in short rather than long drawn out lessons. He loves doing the movement excercises with the bible memorization. Carrie you did a wonderful job picking just the right programs to coordinate with your curriculum. I'm tickled pink about our new found groove and the newly found excitement my son has to do school. HOD is jam packed with incredibly meaty material but it is all presented in a fun way.

Just wanted to chime in a quick update to let you all know that things are progressing fabulously with our day and I can't say thank you enough Carrie for your creating such a wonderful curriculum!!

Natreez
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D

water2wine

Re: Bigger Update

Post by water2wine » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Yeah! I am so happy for you. It is so wonderful to have the prefect fit. :D It can be such a hard thing to find and I feel lucky like you to have the perfect thing for my family. So glad it is going so well! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Oh, I'm so glad that you are enjoying Bigger with your son! :D We have really been enjoying it, too. It's fun to have so many "Bigger Buddies" to go through the year with! :wink:

We just finished a wonderful week in the mountains as a family!! :D While it would have been nice to stay...we are all glad to come home. My dh loves working on the dairy farm with his dad. I love being able to stay home with my kids and teach them. And, they're excited to get back to school. We are blessed!! :D (My 4 yo was sure to point out on the way home that it has been a LONG time since she got to do school...we misssed doing hers on Fri before we left. :lol: :roll: And her 2 yo brother copied everything she said, of course. :lol: ) They said their rhymes all week long. Everytime we were looking for animals, or mentioned that we'd really like to see a bear, Garret chimed in with "2 brown bears, got on the boat..."

Off to do more laundry... :D I look forward to hearing how your wonderful year continues, Natreez.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm so glad that you and your son are enjoying Bigger! I love to hear everyone's positive stories because it makes me look forward to doing those programs with my son even more!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:52 am

Natreez,

We're finally back from our mini-vacation and regrouping! As I read this post today, I'm am SO blessed by your heartfelt words! I'm so glad that you're hitting your groove with Bigger and that your son is enjoying his day. It takes a little while to settle into a new program, but as the year goes on it just keeps getting smoother! :D It sounds like you are doing a great job! Way to go mom! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie