Just got my BHFG, WOW! Just one question

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
water2wine

Just got my BHFG, WOW! Just one question

Post by water2wine » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:58 pm

First let me say I am completely blown away! I had no idea. It is so much more than I thought it would be. There is so much to this program. I have been spending hours looking at the books and the program. I am thrilled! There is a place for all my kids from the struggling reader to the advanced reader. I never expected that. I had really studied the samples but I could not picture all the other stuff that is in the appendix or really the entire program as it really is. It's amazing. We are very happy!

Ok just had to say that but I just want to make sure I have it all figured out. It seems pretty simple but I want to make sure what is in my head matches what is really going on in the program. I am looking at what seems to be kind of a mini DITHR sort of written into the program at Story Time and that is done read aloud with everyone. And then you have the Extension package which is for older kids but it geared toward the History and the Science (most of which we have and plan on using) and they can either do that independently or do that also read aloud with everyone depending on what you want. There is also an emerging reading program that can be used for the child who needs more practice (yeah I was jumping up and down over this!). And you then have the option of using DITHR as your reading program or you could maybe use it as I will with my older kids as an enrichment type of thing but either way that is not scheduled in you just use the DITHR book and workbook if you want it. Do I have it? I am actually covering all these levels here with m kids so I want to make sure I got it straight in my head. I am surprised to say that though I thought I would not be using everything in the book but after seeing it I will between all my kids. There seems to be nothing there we will be skipping because it looks like everything works for us between all my kids. Just want to make sure I have it all before we jump in and rip it up :D We're excited!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 pm

I can't wait to place my order! :D :!: :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Water2wine,

I have no answers but, your excitement is making me crazy!! I can't wait to make my way up to this program! And so excited for you!!! Enjoy!

Candice

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Mary- It is amazing. I am completely blown away. I had been looking for was to beef it up before I ordered for m fifth grader who is really ahead in her reading and my struggling reader. Both of them were thrilled to see what was there for them. My older daughter wanted to start reading everything on her own tonight. My struggling reader saw that emerging reader list which will be quite a push to her and she literally told me "Mommy don't care what it takes I want to read all those books on the list." She asked me to take out the ones we had and show her what the work would be like. And she said I that she would read every one to herself and aloud to me. I believe her so I have a few more books to order. She has never responded like this to anything I have bought. She is a hard worker so I really think that list is going to be the ticket for us with her. I think it was really important to see that she could actually be using the same program as her sister the same age but of course not special needs as she is. It was very motivating to her to have in particular reading that would work for her in the same book as her sister who reads night and day. I never could have predicted that.

There is a huge range here in the program. I had no idea. I read the description, I looked at the samples. It's so much more than I thought it would be. I knew it would be great because LHFG is great but it is really hard to extrapolate to the higher level what it will really be like until it is all in front of you with the guide. It's a true Betty's playground!

Candice- I am also working up the ladder with m little ones. I am so excited for them as well. The love LHFG and I already have BLHFG waiting for them due to a nice sale. It was seeing that that made me sad for my big guys that were missing out. I really honestly had no idea what BHFG had to offer or the would have been in it a long time ago. I wish we had found this from day one but maybe I would not know how great this is if I have not seen what not working looked like. I'm just thrilled at what our days are going to be like. It's pretty easy to picture a whole lot of fun going on!

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm so glad you are happy with your purchase. :D I absolutely love Little Hearts and can't wait to use Beyond next year. Thanks for shairng your excitment.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:05 am

WOW! What a wonderful glowing report about BHFHG! I can't wait to see it and get started on it next year, your excitement is infectious! LOL!

I am really happy to hear how excited your struggling reader was with her book list...What a Blessing!! :D

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:41 am

Water2wine- You are making me want to start it NOW, instead of waiting for the fall! Maybe I'll place my order early and see. :D
I am so glad you are happy with Bigger. Sounds like a perfect fit for your family. I can't wait to hear more details after you start. Have fun!

Allison

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am

water2wine,

What a blessing your post was to me this morning as we're working through writing Preparing Hearts... these days! Your heartfelt words are just what I needed to hear today! So, thank you. :D

As far as you questions, you are right on all areas. We're over halfway through "Bigger Hearts..." with my third son this year and really enjoying it. The first few weeks took us a little time to hit our stride, but it's neat to see that he has grown into the program beautifully.

We pray it may be a blessing to you and your family as well.

Blessings,
Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 am

OK water2wine...this just makes me want to come over and look at all your new stuff!! :D We're having a blast with LHFHG *BUT* I'm still excited about all the great programs we get to do in the future years!

Keep us posted on how this works with your kids...I've got a "love to read" and a "please don't make me read" at my house, too. :roll:

Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 am

Melanie wrote:OK water2wine...this just makes me want to come over and look at all your new stuff!! :D Melanie
LOL, Melanie, i was thinking that too!

i WISH my stuff was here already :wink:

thanks for the report W2W!
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:06 am

I'm so happy for you, water2wine!!! We're using Bigger... now and having a great year too. Isn't that so exciting when our kids are as excited as we are about a program? I've used other programs that didn't have that effect on me or my children too, and it was probably good for me so I remember to appreciate HOD's things! Enjoy!!!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks you guys! If you all lived near me I would love to have you over to go through everything. What fun that would be!

Carrie I have just one thing to say....Extension packs after Preparing could be a great highschool program :-) And I can't wait to see the next program! The books look awesome!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)