Beyond really is the Key HOD program

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
water2wine

Beyond really is the Key HOD program

Post by water2wine » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 pm

I finished Beyond last year with my two youngest girls. It was bitter sweet. We absolutely loved it but it made me so sad that all my kids did not get to do Beyond. It really is the program that to me is just key to all of HOD. It is not that you can't start farther along in HOD, because my other children did and they are doing wonderfully. Definitely you want to start them where they fit on the placement chart, but Beyond really gets them going on everything. In Beyond they really learn what to us felt like the beginning foundation of all those Charlotte Mason skills. :D I guess you are getting "beyond" just learning to read and getting into deeper things like loving poetry, investigating science, and understanding what you are learning. Not that we did not absolutely love LHFHG as well. :D But I absolutely loved watching the world just completely open up for my girls while doing Beyond.

I found one common issue we had through Beyond. I had to find several cleaver hiding places so my girls would not read ahead and spoil our day before we got there in the program. Literally I had to have several and then tell my oldest where I hid them that day so that we could actually find them the next day. :lol: And I have to tell you that there are very few science and history activities that we did not have to do at least twice because they just had to do it again for the fun of it. The bonus on that was they actually liked the floor scrubbing day so my floors often get scrubbed. :P Thankfully they are loving Bigger and now repeating those activities as well for the fun of it. Evenings at our house are often spent reading the books in Beyond and LHFHG again on their own. To me that is success. They loved it so much that they do it in their free time after we have already completed it. BTW I am not allowed to sell this program even though we will not be using it again. It has several bids on it to be used with future grand children and still more that are reading it becasue they sadly did not get to use it due to their age.

You'll love Beyond! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Tracee

Re: Beyond really is the Key HOD program

Post by Tracee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:32 am

Oooh, that is exciting to hear. We just started Beyond, and ds loves it! I love it! I can't believe my severly dyslexic ds is actually enjoying the poetry portion. He's getting the memory verses on the first day, because of the hand motions. He absolutely loves American Pioneers and Patriots, and for the first time ever, we are ahead in our storytime reading. I'm so pleased!!!!!

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10