My experiences

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
anraab'smomma

My experiences

Post by anraab'smomma » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:40 pm

I'm using Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory this year after having used Little Hearts for His Glory last year. Continue to love the history-driven, thematic, and literature-based approaches encompassed in the program. It's also great that it can stand on its own: it's a complete curriculum without having to add anything else. But I've found that the topics give me ideas to expand upon for additional projects (for example, this week and next my girls are making animal habitat books after we read about forest animals in the Jamestown unit). I'd have a hard time coming up with creative tie-ins like that on my own, but the curriculum seems to shake the cobwebs out of my mind. :)

Another thing I love this year are the read-alouds. We are currently doing the biography, and my girls are eating it up - they yell, "Aww!" when I close the book and announce we'll continue tomorrow. I love that they are so excited that they want to know more, which is testament to the great titles included with the curriculum (I purchased both the classics and girl-themed sets along with the curriculum guide). I am looking forward to reading great literature in many genres throughout the year.

Finally, I cannot say enough about the Singapore Math that is recommended with the program. We used it last year and are continuing with great enthusiasm. Hardly anyone in my homeschool association uses Singapore - most use Saxon or Horizons, it seems, and (as someone else on one of these threads has said) many of their kids hate or are overwelmed by that. I think the difference may very well be the concrete-to-pictorial-to-abstract approach of Singapore...and that is made even better by Carrie Austin's own "Math Exploration" activities in the curriculum. We do those activities every day and I have no doubt that my girls not only enjoy learning math but are understanding it quickly and easily.
Honored and humbled to be raising Rachel and Abigail. Also Momma to Anna, who is with the Lord.

ctcasper

Re: My experiences

Post by ctcasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:30 pm

How old are your girls if I may ask??

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:20 am

We just started Beyond are on Unit 2, and we absolutely love it! Don't you just love the American Pioneers and Patriots book. We are reading Squanto right now and my ds is asking for more.

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh, ladies! I am so excited to hear this! We pray the Lord will continue to richly bless your year! :D

Blessings,
Carrie