schedule for using 4 days of Beyond

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
jstbuzznby

schedule for using 4 days of Beyond

Post by jstbuzznby » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:39 am

Hi! We are very new to HOD and to homeschooling. We are going to be joining a co-op that meets once a week and so I wondered how to best
make up that 5th day in the guide. Thanks for your help!

StephanieU

Re: schedule for using 4 days of Beyond

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm

How many weeks is the co-op? Is it an all day or half day co-op?

If it is half day, then I would try to get in the left side of the guide on co-op days and then double up as necessary on the storytime and language arts box. Reading I wouldn't double up on, and may depend on what you use.

If the co-op is all day, I think it would depend on the child. We had some Fridays that school didn't get done, so we either got ahead on Thursday, caught up on Monday, did a little on Saturday, or a combination of those. But, sometimes it is best just to do one day on one physical day and take more than 34 weeks to do the guide. This would be my recommendation if you had a 6yo/1st grader doing Beyond. If you had an older 2nd grader or a third grader doing Beyond, that might not be as good of an idea though.
Last edited by StephanieU on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

jstbuzznby

Re: schedule for using 4 days of Beyond

Post by jstbuzznby » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks so much. The co-op is all day Monday. I'm still trying to decide the best plan for 4 days.