Getting Ready for RTR Resurrection to Reformation

If you have used "Resurrection to Reformation", please share your experience with us.
gotpeace91

Getting Ready for RTR Resurrection to Reformation

Post by gotpeace91 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I thought I would do a post about how I get ready for RTR. :D

First I make sure that my general supplies are replenished if need be. Such as, crayons, markers, colored pencils, pencils, glue, tape, erasers, scissors, paints, paintbrushes, construction paper, and watercolor paper.

Then I look at the introduction to the teacher's manual to get an idea of what I'll need.

I rounded up all the books for DITHR:

All the books for Storytime:

All the books for History, Science, and Girlhood devotions:

I went through the teacher's manual and scheduled the lessons for DITHR, Math, Writing, and English. Ours don't follow the plan as written in the manual and I like to have it written in there.
I put the Student Notebook pages in a binder. (I put the last half of the pages in a folder to set aside for later because my kids are hard on their stuff) I put the Shakespeare Notebook pages in the same binder.
I put tabs in the Student notebook binder for Art, Shakespeare, and to keep her place in the unit she is on. I will also be adding tabs to the Teacher's Manual to make it easy to find the poetry, dictation, and the unit she is on.
ImageImage

I printed off some pages for Science on cardstock. This isn't required, but I like to do it. The instructions just call for unlined paper with plastic page protectors or an unlined sketchbook, and some lab forms printed from the appendix. I hole-punch the pages and put them in a binder with tabs to separate them:
ImageImageImageImage

Make sure that she has a Common Place book, and a 3-subject notebook with sections for Math, English/Writing, and Dictation. I will have her print any final drafts from Writing onto cardstock, and hole-punch them and put them in the back of her Student Notebook binder:
ImageImage

Figure out what books she'll need in the first 4 units and lay them out on her school shelves. The books that are not needed at first go on one of our bookshelves:

I hope this helps somebody, and if I forgot anything feel free to remind me! :D
ETA: You may want to also print off the maps from Map Trek. :)
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

jackieb

Re: Getting Ready for RTR Resurrection to Reformation

Post by jackieb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:06 pm

I know this post is from a while back, but I wanted to ask where you got those science notebooking sheets? We are going to possibly be doing RtR this fall with my 6th grade dd and would love to have ours set up like this!
Jackie in TN
Married for 21 years to my love, mother to DS 21, DD 16, DD 14, and DS 11.
Loving Jesus for over 20 years!