History Supplemental reading: very exciting!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
queenireneof3

History Supplemental reading: very exciting!

Post by queenireneof3 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:11 pm

We have really enjoyed LHFHG this year. One thing that I discovered this week (unit 25) that I am KICKING myself for not discovering sooner, is the optional history supplemental reading list in the appendix. How did I miss that for 24 units? My kids really enjoy more in depth stories about the history topic and I have been wishing for more history reading to help the subject come alive. Well, it's right there in the back of the book! :oops: This week, I was able to go to the Library and grab a stack of books for the next three weeks that will go along with the history theme. and they have really loved it so far. I am posting to hopefully help other mamas with LHFHG to use that list if you want more literature for history.
Sara Irene
wife to Brett for 16 years already!
mommy of ds B (13yo), dd S (11yo), ds S (7yo), dd (3 yo), dd (1.5yo), and two who went to meet Jesus 3/5/2014 and 7/23/14

Rice

Re: History Supplemental reading: very exciting!

Post by Rice » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks so much for posting. I haven't even received my LHFHG guide yet (it's on it's way!) but I'll try to remember to look at that. My older kids have had lots of history books so I don't want this one to miss out just because we've switched curricula and don't know where everything is yet! I'll take a look as soon as it comes!
Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics