A great K year with LHFHG!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
lovinlifewith2boys

A great K year with LHFHG!

Post by lovinlifewith2boys » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 pm

We have finished up K, as of last week. We came to LHFHG later in the year (3 months in) after not being happy with what we were using. What a blessing this curriculum has been for us!

My favorite things about this curriculum:
~It's open and go and I found that very helpful, as a new hs'ing mama. I don't want to do a lot of legwork. I like having it laid out for me.
~It is a short day (only 90 minutes and that was with a break) which is great when you have pre-k'ers running around :lol:
~Good, solid teaching. I feel like nothing was left out and loved the book selections!

My son's favorite things about LHFHG:
~Action Rhyme, especially the ones set to a tune
~Thinking Skills workbook (we used the 1st grade options)
~The Burgess books. I really did not think he would enjoy those because they were older stories and had few pictures. I could not have been more wrong! He LOVED them! He just brought me Reddy Fox to read again this week.

I can't wait to use this again, with my younger son!
Jess
ODS (6) beginning BLHFHG fall of '13
YDS (4) gave up on LHTH and will continue to unschool for now

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: A great K year with LHFHG!

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

How exciting! :D Thank you so much for taking time to share about your year with LHFHG. We finished LHFHG this year too with my fourth little guy. I must say I was happy that he loved it so much and sad that it was my last time through it with my kiddos. :wink: They grow up too fast! All of my boys still love the Burgess books. You can never be too old for them.

Blessings,
Carrie

fishchick72

Re: A great K year with LHFHG!

Post by fishchick72 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Thank you for sharing! I am ordering LHFHG soon, planning to start in August!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happily married with two grown stepkids & homeschooling my {miracle} son: LHTH fall 2013, LHFHG fall 2014, BLHFHG fall 2015, BHFHG fall 2016,