Just finished up LHFHG for 1st grade and had a blast!
This was my second time teaching through it and it was like seeing a familiar friend
1. The scripture memory and the "Hide 'Em in Your Heart" cd. I have always enjoyed the cd and it's such a great way to get the truths of Scripture into the hearts of kiddos. My son and I had so much fun playing the games while reciting the verses!
2. The ease of using the manual!! I love, love, love the open-and-go approach!!! With such a large house-hold, I need all the help I can get! I am always so thankful for the fun, full days of school we have with such minimal preparation on my part. HOD is such a blessing!!!
3. My son's attitude toward school. He loved it and looked forward to doing school with mommy
The days were just long enough so he didn't get bored and still had plenty of time to free-play and pursue his interests (riding the John Deere
). But he learned a TON this year!!!! I'm always amazed at how much dc learn without having to be in school for 6hours!!!
My son's highlights:
1. "Reddy Fox" and "Buster Bear" and Handwriting (used A Reason for handwriting A")
2. Science experiments
3. Using marshmallows and chocolate chips for math
THANK YOU CARRIE for another wonderful year with LHFHG and I'm looking forward to Beyond!
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(10)& dd(8) CTC, DITHOR
ds(7) BLHFHG w/2nd gr options
ds(5) LHFHG 1/2 pace
dd born Jan 8