Little Hands to Heaven or other recommendations

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
StephanieU

Re: Little Hands to Heaven or other recommendations

Post by StephanieU » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:35 am

We used it lightly with our third, after trying it some with both our second and third together. I think it would fit what you are wanting. We did the Bible, devotional, rhyme, and most of the fun activities. When I tried combining, it wasn't the curriculum really that didn't work. It was the combining to kids that are competitive and needed my individual attention.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

himom

Re: Little Hands to Heaven or other recommendations

Post by himom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 pm

I started out with My Father's World All Aboard The Animal Train for the first year.It's fun but repetitive.This year I am combining the two curriculums,My Father's World Voyage of Discovery and Heart of Dakota Little Hands to Heaven.I am using HOD LHTH as the primary core and MFW VOD as the secondary. It takes some work but I have found it can be used side by side and daily.One thing I love about HOD LHTH so far is that it's broken into units with 5 days per week.But,if you want and this is just what I'm doing, you can let your child lead what s/he is interested in.Like now, we have just started HOD LHTH a few weeks ago but my daughter is super interested in learning the letter a, its' sound and the number 1 so we've been doing just that and are only on day 2 of unit 1.For ex:We've done lots of reading with A and the sound of a, we've done puzzles.Hope that helps some!