Future plans for a HOD four year history cycle?

This folder contains threads that have been requested to be marked as FAQ threads. If you see a thread that you think should be in here, just shoot us an e-mail.
TeacherMom

Future plans for a HOD four year history cycle?

Post by TeacherMom » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:05 pm

I've recently begun taking a closer look at HOD and am wondering if its writer is developing a chronological four year history program. (I read on another forum that that is the case, but I have not seen it confirmed on the HOD website.)

Is Preparing intended to be completed before the cycle begins, or will it eventually be an optional year?

Thanks so much!

eazbnsmom

Re: Future plans for a HOD four year history cycle?

Post by eazbnsmom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:26 am

Hi Teaching Mom,

Here are a a link that should help and also has other links for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1399&p=10736&hilit= ... cle#p10736

Welcome to the boards

OH, if you have trouble opening those link.....just add a 3 after the word board on the URL and it should take you there!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

TeacherMom

Post by TeacherMom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks for the links, but even with a 3 after the word board in the URL they won't open. Is there something else I can try?

Blessings!

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:46 am

I'll try and repost the links for you and see if that works (I will also add a couple of more)

viewtopic.php?t=43

viewtopic.php?t=190

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1303

HTH
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

TeacherMom

Post by TeacherMom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:57 am

Thank you so much! I was able to read each link and was excited about what I read!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:59 pm

TeacherMom,

Welcome to the board! :D We do plan for Preparing to be completed before the 4 year history cycle, if that is where your kiddos place language arts, math, and age-wise. Our guides are designed for you to be able to enter at any guide, as placement is mainly based on the 3 things I just mentioned.

If you are using your own language arts and math, then you'd have a little more flexibility into which of our guides you'd use. :wink:

We are releasing our guides at the pace of one per year. Our newest guide will be out next year by this time. It will be a guide for the ancient time period covering Creation to Christ (including the beginning of the spread of the gospel). :D

We DO need to get our long-range plans up on the website, but you can see them in our new catalog which can be ordered here:
http://heartofdakota.com/catalog.php

Blessings,
Carrie