Week in review 7/1-to 8/1

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

spidermansmum

Week in review 7/1-to 8/1

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:54 am

Did I get it right :D ?
You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

spidermansmum

Re: Week in review 7/1-to 8/1

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

We had another wonderful week .We took the children to see the revoulutionary war re-encatment .It worked in perfect timing since we have been doing week 27 in Beyond -all about Washington becoming the first President of America.We were near the redcoat side [of course :D ] and you could feel those cannons going off,the sound vibrations hit you .Nathan enjoyed the demonstartion with worms and sponges :wink: and watching the drill .It was an interesting talk about why washington didnt favour the rifles...

Nathan made some delicious corn bread[I had to order the cornmeal from ebay :lol: ]

[edited because I keep getting Beyond and Bigger mixed up :oops: ]
Last edited by spidermansmum on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
currently Using

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 am

We have finished week 25 and started week 26 in LHTH- and have been learning about the prodigal son.Stanley particularly enjoyed the game where we re-encated the story.I gave him play money to 'spend' and he enjoyed buying trio blocks ,a ride on ploebike and other toys and some icelollies[the wild party lifestyle !]
Here is Stanley measuring with his foot cut-outs

and here is his lacing project[and Nathan joined in]
currently Using

Dustybug

Post by Dustybug » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:39 pm

That reenactment looks like fun!
We will be getting to the prodigal son next week! I think it's neat how there are a few of us on/almost on the same week in LHTH!

My review post is going to be a few days late. We didn't get to do our last day of the unit today because my MIL had to have surgery and we spent the day in the waiting room at the hospital. If we have the time, we will do it tomorrow!
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

TLCA

Post by TLCA » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 pm

What fun Spidermansmum! :)

Dusty, I hope your MIL recovers quickly.
-Kim
CTC w/DD 10
Our Homeschool Blog

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Love your reviews, Spidermansmum! How exciting to go to that reenactment. I would've loved to hear those cannons go off :D And the cornbread looks so yummy!

Here's our review...
http://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordp ... y-wrap-up/

My ds just finished Units 3 - 4 in PHFHG and dd just finished Units 4 and half of 5 in BLHFHG.
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Dusty -i hope your MIL recovers soon.
Miranda-your children are adorable.
currently Using

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Ladies,

I just had to pop-in late and let you know how much I enjoyed reading about your weeks! :D Your children are precious! It blessed my heart to see their smiling faces as they do their "school". We pray the Lord may continue to richly bless your days! :D

Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Wow what fun weeks you all had! I don't know what happened to my week, :shock: somehow it just fizzled, but I enjoyed peeking into yours! :lol: :lol:

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Hee hee, Kristin! I agree; we enjoyed too, everybody! Miraculously, we are on LHTH Unit 10 already. My mom's in town for 2 weeks and then we have VBS, so I don't imagine having any updates for you for a while. Looking forward to seeing what your weeks bring, though!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

ourhomeschoolreviews

Post by ourhomeschoolreviews » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:41 am

We are using Bigger and last week we finished up Unit 3 ~ Explorers and Adventurers and started on Unit 4 ~ Captain John Smith and Pocahontas.
http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.co ... ade-5.html
Christine
Wife to a wonderful husband {11 yrs} and mom to a beautiful daughter {8}
http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

kimberly bee

Post by kimberly bee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi ladies! I'm so excited to be able to finally share here! I've been lurking up until now... we're brand new to HOD and I'm in love with everything about it. All of our curriculum goodies arrived this week and I am jumping-on-the-bed-clapping-my-hands ECSTATIC! This board is one of the reasons I decided to make the plunge with HOD, so thank you thank you for sharing your pictures, ideas, and encouragement! We're only on day 2 of BHFHG, but I just wanted to wave hello and share about our experience as newbies =).

We're barely scratching the surface, but If day 1 & 2 are any indication of the rest of the curriculum, we're in for a wonderful and rich year of learning and growing in Christ... me included! I've combined my ds(7) and dd(8) and I'm holding my breath to see how it all plays out. So far it's a dream come true!

We're learning about how Christopher Columbus prepared, campaigned, and scrounged for support for his journey. The topic tied in perfectly with the Bible Study unit.... the kids and I discussed at length about what it means to be persistent in our prayer life and how to seek God's wisdom and insight. It all blended together so beautifully! Thank you, Carrie, for putting so much thought and care into making such cohesive and purpose-FULL lesson plans! And to think we're only on day TWO!
Last edited by kimberly bee on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kimberly

Mama to Amberly (8) and Aiden (7)
BHFHG
http://www.bumbleandbloom.com

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 pm

I get to post my first week in review for our new year tomorrow or Friday. I am so excited. Bryce started RTR on Monday and he is doing a wonderful job so far. I love the arch and backdrop he made all by himself! :) I will share soon!

P.S. Beautiful pictures of the kids painting above...someone must be a photographer, because those are so pretty!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Beautiful pictures, Kimberly! Seeing those lovely photos makes the schoolwork look even more enjoyable! :lol:

I guess we are posting here until August? Wasn't sure if I was supposed to start a week in review for this week, or just post here, so here goes.

We completed Unit 28 in LHTH this week. Here is a link to some of our highlights: http://www.broomandcrown.com/2011/07/we ... g-and.html

anne cochrane

Post by anne cochrane » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi, this will be my first post here and I am very excited to be sharing. I couldn't upload my photos on here so here is the link to my new blog http://anne-homeschooladventures.blogspot.com/. I am new to this and would appreciate any tips on how to make my blog better. I am still trying to work it all out. I can't seem to place my photos well. So any tips appreciated. But these photos are from our first week of preparing.
A newbie from Australia

dd (7) and ds(10) preparing
dd (4) LHTH
ds (1) trying to join in.