Week In Review 4/18 - 4/22

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

Dustybug

Re: Week In Review 4/18 - 4/22

Post by Dustybug » Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 am

Here is what we were up to this week:
http://reachtothemoonandback.blogspot.c ... ek-19.html
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

Mercy

Re: Week In Review 4/18 - 4/22

Post by Mercy » Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

I havent ever done a week in review because I dont have the patience right now to put in the effort for pictures. But, I do want to share! So, hopefully you all dont mind me just writing about our sweet memories in the making. :D

LHTH
We are just finishing up the letter B and learning about Noah's boat. My little man is so enjoying this special time where all of Mommys attention is all on him. I am just so very blessed to watch the Spirit of God moving in his little life! I am amazed!! His attention span is not the largest still, but I can see how much it has been growing even in the short time we have been working in HOD. He is so cute when we do the rhymes, we have to slow w a y down for him, because he is frustrated he can't keep up. Lol! It is just really sweet to see!

LHFHG
So my 6yo has really been the most blessed by HOD...maybe. She just is your sort of typical middle, who truly seeks attention. However, she is the quiet type who does not ask for it. Poor thing gets pushed to the side if I do not conciously make sure to seek her out. In enters HOD!! She has been blossoming in every way! By amazement it seems every sermon in church has something from her school time that she can cling to. She is even enjoying the rhymes, which she really fought when we began. In fact, she was changing the words yesterday to the "5 prophets" yesterday. That is so amazing to me how she has grown!! This week, as mentioned, we are studying the prophets. She drew with her sugar chalk an angel, a mansion, elijah, gold and then she drew a picture of a person and asked if she could write the title, which spelled out GOD.

PHFHG
You wouldn't have known how busy we were by the last few kids, because HOD is awesome like that, all laid out and stuff...but, the truth is this month has been extremely busy!! My oldest is the slacker a bit...or just a slower worker really. If I dont keep on his toes he might just drift into lala land forever. Very much like me, the poor kid! So right now he just finished up his desert book and is starting into the dinosaur book, which he is enjoying. He is really zooming in his english book. We began in 3, just to make sure he has a good foundation. I did not learn a whole lot of english in school, including the diagraming. In spite of all of this he is really picking up very quickly on everything. I just bought teaching textbooks for him that he will be starting out next week. I am having trouble since he is fighting doing the projects independently, so we need to work on that. Otherwise we are really enjoying all the neat things we are learning together. Lol!

Altogether I am amazed at how much learning is taking place in spite of how insainely busy we have been!!

Praise God for Heart Of Dakota!
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG