Week in Review 3/7-3/11

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

my3sons

Re: Week in Review 3/7-3/11

Post by my3sons » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

These posts are such FUN to read! They fill my cup. :D Just a quick note about making pics smaller since you asked - if you are using Photobucket, you can...
*Click on the picture
*Click on "share"
*From the tabbed toolbar, click on "Get Link Code"
*Under "IMG for Bulletin Boards and Forums" click to checkmark the "Clickable Thumbnails" box

Then, every picture you upload will offer IMG...Clickable Thumbnail as an optional link. It will automatically display the IMG Clickable Thumbnail option under ever picture. If you click on the link, it should automatically copy it. Then you can paste it in your post on the HOD Board. If for some reason it doesn't copy, you can then "copy" it yourself and "paste" it then.

If you click on the thumbnail, it should enlarge. That's why I like this one so well - it's little and nice for a glance, but for those that want to see it enlarged, they can click on it and it should enlarge. HTH! Keep these pictures coming - big or small- they're priceless! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 pm

moedertje - Loved your little note at the end of the math book. :D I'm pretty sure our Singapore 2 books both have, "Math is fun, and I am done!" written in the back of them. :wink: Never did an ice cream date...gonna have to keep that one quiet unless we decide to start. :lol: Your boys are doing great with their work! We really liked that rhyme, too. I did 1 somersault, too....those were SOOO much more fun when I was a kid. :shock: Allison let me opt to do a jumping jack in November instead. :wink:

Catherine - I left you a comment on your blog. You are a great photographer!! :D Lovely pictures of your kids & their school fun.

Kristin - I love seeing those precious LHTH pictures. :D I have to say I'm a little jealous of that beachy-looking weather in the background outside...we're not quite there in Kansas yet. :wink: Feel better soon!

Rebecca - Aren't you glad that you can share your HOD enthusiasm here and we all agree with you??! :D We're loving CTC right along with you. I saw that your son was reading Sign of the Beaver. That was a definite favorite here! I love Carrie's book choices. :D I love your little guy's leopard in armor. That will be fun to do when we get there. Great DITHOR project, too. Sooo...what was your family celebration? We've enjoyed that project here a couple of times. :wink:

Julie - I always learn something when I read your posts. :D This week, you've reminded me to be doing a better job of commenting on Grant's work when we go over it. There are weeks when I'd rather "ignore" it for a few days...not the best idea for him or me. Not that I usually give into this temptation :lol: ...but I am tempted occasionally. I'm so thankful for the wonderful HOD guides that keep being written to pave the way for us to keep homeschooling with joy & excellence. :D I love all the Bigger pictures! Riley is doing great! :D (I actually love everyone's pictures...not that I don't like to read about your weeks, but I do love the pictures.) We had quite the gold rush here when we did Bigger, too. :lol: I love being able to all join in on things like this. It makes the child who is the real student in that guide feel special & important. Garret picked out right away that Emmet has the same shotgun as him. :lol: Double barrel?
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Kathleen wrote:Rebecca - Aren't you glad that you can share your HOD enthusiasm here and we all agree with you??! :D We're loving CTC right along with you. I saw that your son was reading Sign of the Beaver. That was a definite favorite here! I love Carrie's book choices. :D I love your little guy's leopard in armor. That will be fun to do when we get there. Great DITHOR project, too. Sooo...what was your family celebration? We've enjoyed that project here a couple of times. :wink:
:mrgreen: We had Family Movie Night and ds7 got to pick the movie for us! We watched Madagasgar 2 for about the 70th time, LOL, but we still had fun. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Lisa - I loved those canoes! They're beautiful! :D (I love that we actually get these fun projects done that the kids will always remember while we're doing HOD. These were the things I would skip otherwise.) Your son's Preparing mosaic is great! Love it! Keep up the good work, mom. :D

My pictures had gigantic issues last night because I tried linking them from my blog. :roll: For some reason I couldn't upload anything to photobucket last night. To get mine the right size there, I upload them at "medium" size. You can set this if you click Upload Now, and then click on the blue words customize your upload options near the bottom of the upload box. Mine is set at 320x240. Then to put them on the board here, if you're in your album, put your cursor over the picture that you want to use. A box with codes will come up and you can click on the IMG code to copy it and paste it here.

Sounds like a fun night, Rebecca!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks Kathleen! :D

I give all the credit to the Lord and HOD! :D I would never have done those projects either! The kids just love HOD and, praise the Lord, we'll get to keep on enjoying it throughout our school years to come! Thanks for your sweet comments, the kids were so happy that another Mommy liked what they did, too! :D

Your children always do so well with their work, and you take the cutest pictures of them! I just loved the orange pictures that Garrett cut out of the Cabela's catalog. I hope no one will miss that one! :wink: Grant's work in CTC is so well done! We're looking forward to that guide next year. Oh, and tell miss Allison a big "Congratulations" on finishing Little Hearts! We missed you on the week in review board, since you had sweet little Asa. So glad to have you back posting again! :D

I just love reading through everyones posts and seeing all the hard work their kiddos are doing, and having so much fun while they do it! I'm so glad to be a part of it!

Blessings!