Weekly Review 1/3/11 to 1/7/11

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

birchbark

Re: Weekly Review 1/3/11 to 1/7/11

Post by birchbark » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Watercolor and poetry, and the Nebuchadnezzar cookie, before baking, and afterwards, getting smashed with the rock. :D
Attachments
030.JPG
030.JPG (37.71 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
024.JPG
024.JPG (50.56 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
028.JPG
028.JPG (59.79 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Julie, I'm laughing at your comment about Wyatt not hearing you when he's reading. My mom used to get on to me for that exact same thing when I was growing up. I would lose myself for hours in a book! I'm so glad that HOD encourages this in our children! Also, I love Riley's reenactment of Washington and Cornwallis. We have lots of battle scenes played out that way at our house as well. I always love to see pictures of Emmett. He always seems to have the biggest smile on his face and you can tell he's having fun with LHTH!

moedertje, your kids all look like they are having a blast with their hands on projects. I love that your little one likes to join in her big brother's work!

Rebecca , I love the picture your son did of the reflection of the lake and the trees. Also, I love seeing the student notebook from CTC. I can't wait for my son to get to that. It just always looks like so much fun!

Lynn, the bird activity looks like so much fun!

Catherine, I loved the pictures of your daughter doing LHFHG. Her picture of Reddy Fox was great! DS always loves "drawing days" for storytime.

Sam, looks like your son is having a great time with Beyond!

Birchbark, I liked seeing your son's artwork. The picture in his science notebook and his watercolor painting are both great!

We had a great first week back from Christmas break. Here's my blog post:
http://cherish-each-moment.blogspot.com ... ek-19.html
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

doubleportion

Post by doubleportion » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Last week was a very busy week for us, so I am late getting this posted. I just mostly included pictures this time.

We only got Unit 3 of PHFHG done. No LHTH this time.

http://quietlyrunningtheracehomeschooli ... eview.html

:)
Edie
dd 13 -Rev2Rev (enjoyed PHFHG, CTC, RTR)
ds 8 -Beyond
ds 6 LHFHG & ds 2 & ds 6 months
4 waiting for us with Jesus