Week in Review 10/11-10/15

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

my3sons

Re: Week in Review 10/11-10/15

Post by my3sons » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Lourdes - I'm glad your beads worked out! We had fun with that one. It's surprising how they do harden! That's really something that your dd remembered learning about Benjamin West. Connections are something HOD strives for, and I do think it is such a neat part of homeschooling. In ps, it always seemed so disconnected. I hope you are settling back into a more normal week after your b-day experience. I've been thinking of you and hoping all is well now!

Lynn- I wish I could see N. do his flashlight reciting of his poem for the cat! :lol: I bet that would entertaining on many levels. I'm glad he's doing well with the recent switch to R & S. We found WWTB to really help my ds gain confidence his writing too. I'm so glad N. is too! :D I would have enjoyed seeing N. do his ad for Ruth too. Isn't it neat to see them get into it? I know my oldest ds would NOT do that in front of a room full of kids his age, but he is learning to ham it up for me! :lol: What a good week N. had!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Thank you Julie,
For your kind words. You are such and encourager! I enjoy reading up on your ideas and love to glean from your experience as well. :D :!:

Have a great week and I am already looking forward to what I will read and see at the end of the week on this board... :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

1inheaven

Post by 1inheaven » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:41 pm

We took last week off after 8 weeks of homeschooling for the 1st time :-) I actually missed having school...my 9 dd didn't miss as much but she LOVES our school. She did great today...our 1st day back. I enjoyed starting Aesop's Fables. She was sad to finish her desert scene--she enjoyed drawing on it weekly. 3 dd enjoyed learning about 'C' in LHTH. Oh, does she LOVE the rhymes! She can still say 'a' and 'b' chants.
Have I mentioned how much I love homeschooling?....well, I have and it's because HOD makes learning fun and gives me the confidence that I CAN teach my daughters. As I've said before...I am SO GRATEFUL for HOD and allowing me to LOVE homeschooling.
Sarah in TX, starting year 5 homeschooling and loving it :-)
DD, 13 - MTMM, No-Nonsense Algebra, R&S 6, DITHOR, Monday co-op
DD, 7 - BLHFHG, Monday co-op

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Ladies,

I loved reading your weekly check-ins! :D What a wealth of sharing and great tips abound! Each of you are such a blessing to the board and to me. :wink: Thanks for taking time to share of yourselves and your lives with others. It encourages each of us as we journey the homeschool path together! :D

I look forward each week to this peek into your school and your homes! :D

Blessings,
Carrie