Week in Review 9/21 - 10/1

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Week in Review 9/21 - 10/1

Post by Carrie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Rebecca,
I thoroughly enjoyed the glimpse into your week in pictures. Your kiddo's writing is coming along beautifully. I enjoyed the paintings, the lab forms, and the science notebook entry all so well-done. Your kiddos are blessed to have such a good teacher as their momma! :D It is amazing how much work is actually produced during one week, even a short one! :D

1inheaven,I
I am so glad to read your update and to discover that both you are daughter are still thoroughly enjoying Preparing Hearts. :D I am so blessed to hear that PHFHG is drawing you ever nearer to our Father and His word. You have made MY heart full today! :D

Edwena,
What a clever treasure hunt you had to kick off your Adventure genre. I loved seeing your kids trying to decipher it! :wink: We pray you will enjoy A Lion to Gaurd Us. It is a favorite here. The tulips your kids made for their history project turned out beautiful! It's amazing that your son is ready for DITHR and your daughter is writing in cursive! Where does the time go? :D

LynnH,
Your son did a great job on his painting and on his Write with the Best assignment. I enjoyed his word choice in the description of your cat Rudi. It sounds like Noah is really coming along in this area. I smiled at the fossil prints (cat's paw included)! Noah's notebook is looking so good too! He's doing a terrific job.

Mom4Him,
I enjoyed seeing your sweet girl's smiling face as she is going through LHTH! We did the wrestling with the balloon lesson in LHTH this week too, so we must be at a similar spot! :D I know what you mean about wanting to slow it down and redo it to soak it all up. School is going much too fast, as are the years! :D I loved seeing all of the decorated 'D's your little one made. :D

moedertje,
How exciting that you have finished LHTH! Time to celebrate, which it sounds like you did. :D I'll just take a moment to praise the Lord with you! :D It also sounds like your little guy in Bigger Hearts is making good gains. I too love Rod and Staff and its systematic teaching. It is a true blessing in our family as well. I'm so glad that your little guy is making some progress in handwriting, which can be a toughie for little boys at the Bigger Hearts level. I agree it's wise to wait a year on Cheerful Cursive. How wonderful that your son is done with 2A in Singapore. Another reason to celebrate! :D

Kathleen,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed Boy of the Pyramids. We thought it was wonderful too. I laughed outright at J.D. and Bo for Drawn into the Heart of Reading. Grant did a good job on them! :D His paintings are turning out so well too. Allison's watermelon was done beautifully. You can see she's growing up so much! I'm glad she loved Grandfather Frog. He does get into some scrapes! Garret looked like he was thoroughly enjoying his peanut butter and cracker wall. That is a favorite activity here! :wink:

Sam,
I loved reading about your school in box. :D Good for you for climbing right in! The cramped conditions on the Mayflower were something to read about here too. :D How interesting abou the weighted blanket. I have heard of this before. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:17 pm

moederje- You are so very encouraging!! Thank-you! Your kind words here & on our blog have made my day!! :D I am so excited for you to start LHFHG with your little guy- he's going to love it!! I really like all the letters you made for LHTH- they all turned out so cute! I know how it is so bitter sweet to come to the end! :wink: I don't have a template for the letters we're making, we just come up with them as we go. :wink: But, I usually cut out a letter the size of a full sheet of card stock paper & go from there (cutting out the "bubble letters" you have would work just as well). Really, Kayla comes up with a lot of what to do- I'm hoping to put some more posts on our blog about what we do (eventually). We've really enjoyed adding in the Bible verse to it this year, since this is her second year through LHTH! It has added just a tiny bit, & that is really all she has needed! :D I also LOVE seeing your little guy in Bigger... it gets me so excited for the years ahead! :D

Kathleen- I am always so very glad to see your family in action! Their smiles are contagious!! :D :D My girls love the Burgess books too- I'm so glad we have Grandfather Frog to look forward to! And how exciting that Allison is nearing the end of The Early Readers Bible- we've been enjoying that here too. :D And your boys are doing such a great job as well. Grant's paintings are beautiful! I hope the littlest boy is doing great also!! Blessings!

spidermansmum- looks like lots of fun at your house! I don't know if I could sleep in a box! :wink:

Carrie- Thank-you so much for your continual encouragement to all of us moms!! What a blessing you are to me! And how exciting that we are at a similar spot in LHTH! :D

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 am

Just getting back from a family trip and wanted to say everyone is doing such a wonderful job with their dc!!! Reading about everyone's week just gives me a shot in the arm to keep going with my own dc. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM