Week-In-Review 7-26 to 7-30-2010

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

moedertje

Week-In-Review 7-26 to 7-30-2010

Post by moedertje » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

moedertje

Re: Week-In-Review 7-26 to 7-30-2010

Post by moedertje » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Recovery going well. This past week I was able to do even more with the kiddo's. Yeah!

LHTH: Unit 25 (Review Week)

Since I still couldn't jump around, I had to sit again with the finger plays :( , but the kids know this and they were o.k. with it. I can't wait to get up and jump with them :D

They did day 1 at co-op about the wise man building his house on the rock and made their houses on paper that the had drawn gray rocks on. He did fantastic tracing the review letters ImageImage

The best was doing the story of the "Good Samaritan" two days this past week and talking about being helpful to others even when it is not very convenient, or socially acceptable for us! I was glad it was 2 days in a row, since this is a very important principle in the Word of God. :D I liked how Carrie brought in the focus and purpose of the Red Cross as well. We also happened to read a story one of the nights in our "Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories" about the Red Cross, this very same week :!: Having little sis scoot on a pillow and big Brother "play soccer" (that's what he called rolling the ball between the 2 lines, which he helped me get on the floor) was so much fun that they went outside to play soccer with Memah afterward. I had no energy to go take a picture outside :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

We learned this week in math to compare and use the greater than sign as an extension of the parable of the "Rich man who stored his treasures in a bigger barn". In playing a game with Daddy at night I heard them comparing numbers! A little friend from church came to help me that day and outlined the barns on the floor for me and did the game with little sis :D I was also very blessed that Luke did not blink an eye, but counted all the way up to 34 without skipping a beat. He has a little trouble with some of his blends and could not say: "thirteen" or "thirty" till a few short months ago. (He would say: "fourteen" or "forty", therefor would have trouble counting higher). I love it when they are given the time to grow into their skills :!:

For copy count on me we had to make gray coins with the cent sign inside for the money to show that all we have belongs to God. Luke is skip counting by 3's now and Mae by 2's. :D
ImageImage

Carrie extended the parable of the sower with having us see whether items glide or drop and than we took a handful of torn tissues to see how when things glide they end up in all different directions. We were not pretending to have snow :lol:
ImageImageImage

A great week with LHTH thank you Carrie, I marvel at :D your incredible skill to take the Bible stories and extend them in such great ways. I love teaching with HOD more and more each week!
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Sounds like several important lessons were learned this week. It is such a good feeling knowing deep down that we are teaching our children things that God would find most important. We were on vacation with daddy this week. :D
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Another fun filled week with LHFHG at our house! Here's the link http://cherish-each-moment.blogspot.com ... eek-2.html
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Quote for the week from Nathan..
'School doesn't seem to take very long at all'.
I told him it was because we were having fun.

Nathan doing his spellings in oats

Making a dykeImage

doing math

link to blog
http://stanleysmagicgarden.blogspot.com ... lhfhg.html

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Ladies,

I truly enjoyed reading your weekly check-ins! I loved reading last week's check-in too, as I missed that time, since I was busy wrapping up RTR for the printer. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your lives! It blessed my evening. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:47 am

Carrie,

Even though I am a few guides away from RTR, I am so excited for you and other Mom's that you got it finished. May God bless you now with a peaceful rest for the summer!
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM