Week in Review 5/24 - 5/28

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

creativemommy

Week in Review 5/24 - 5/28

Post by creativemommy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

creativemommy

Re: Week in Review 5/24 - 5/28

Post by creativemommy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 pm

I know this week in review topic is very early in the week but I couldn't wait 'til Friday because...

:D WE FINISHED LHTH & LHFHG TODAY! :D

I had them pose similar to what we did for our first day of school last August - date on the markerboard with their guide books in-hand...

DS is so excited for summer vacation to begin! Can you tell?! He struck this pose all on his own!

DD was not in a picture-taking mood today (obviously) but she really did LOVE LHTH this year!

We celebrated our big accomplishment with WATER BALLOONS in the backyard after our work was done for today! Which was a first for the two of them and they loved it!

DS told me he was sad his school year has come to an end because he thoroughly enjoyed Storytime with "the funny animal stories" I read to him. I assured him I'll keep reading to him...little does he know we will "unofficially" school through the summer with reading & math activities. :wink:
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 pm

creativemommy - Way to go!!! :D I love the poses your creative kiddos chose for this photo. They SHOULD feel so proud of their year, and you should too! :D The water balloon idea to celebrate the end of the year is a great idea. I bet they loved that - I know my kids would. Congrats on a great year - and now you have a super year ahead of you with LHFHG and Beyond - after the summer, you'll be all excited to look ahead to that! Thank you so much for sharing here. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Shimmer

Post by Shimmer » Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 am

We finished LHTH yesterday. Who-hoo! It feels really good to complete a curriculum and know I can do this. :) I had the girls take pictures with their books, but I don't have them off the camera yet. Susannah was finished up with all her K level work too so that was nice to be able to finish everything on the same day.

To celebrate they got to pick out treats at the local bakery and they got to watch a movie. Our girls have to earn TV time with good behavior so getting an extra movie with popcorn is a big deal at our house! We were also able to do an end-of-year party with some other homeschoolers last week.

I loved the water balloon idea. I wouldn't have thought of that so I'll keep it in mind for next year. Too fun.
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 pm

creativemommy & Shimmer- Hooray!! :D :D We finished LHTH this week too! :D :cry: :D It is very bitter seet! My girls have already asked when we can start up again (& we just finished today! :D )

What a fun week- perfect to end out our year using Little Hands to Heaven! Little Hands to Heaven has been a blessing to us- as the lessons are perfectly sized, easy to implement, fun, educational & centered on Christ! It amazes me how much each one of our children has learned & grown throughout the past year. My 2 oldest girls have now finished The Reading Lesson (yesterday!! :D :D) & are reading very well- & even my little 2-year old can do the finger-play with all the letter sounds.
To celebrate, we had a balloon party- I wrote each letter of the alphabet on a balloon & had them tied in a bag to our ceiling- they had so much fun as the balloons came falling on their heads. They then had to tell me the letter name & sound (with actions) for each balloon... they new them all!! :D
Here are some fun pictures from our week...

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

Have a blessed summer, everyone! :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun May 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Jessica, Shimmer, and Creativemommy,

I am celebrating with each of you upon completing LHTH (and LHFHG too for you creativemommy)! :D It does feel good to finish a guide and to know that you CAN do this!! :D

I pray that each of you will have a time of renewal and will be refreshed after your break. We pray that the Lord will continue to be near to each of you as you answer His call on your lives to homeschool your kiddos! HOORAY!! :D

Blessings,
Carrie