Week in Review 5/17 to 5/21

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

eachlee

Week in Review 5/17 to 5/21

Post by eachlee » Fri May 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Nancy, mom to 3
DS6 - LHFHG, ER and BLHFHG Spelling
DD5 - LHFHG
DS3 - My little climber

We have also loved using LHTH!

eachlee

Re: Week in Review 5/17 to 5/21

Post by eachlee » Fri May 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, We had an amazing week! :)

We finished off unit 5 of LHTH (we are going 1/2 speed) so we had three days of school this week. The weather has been so beautiful here we did school outside on the deck, my kids thought that was fantastic. They enjoyed identifying different coins and sorting them. My oldest enjoyed counting money and figuring out how much he had. We also enjoyed the rhyme review week - all three of the kids could do the actions. Its so cute to see my 1 year old copying the older two! What one year old would rather sit at the table than play in the sandbox... We also enjoyed making sparkly letters, even though it was messy it wasn't as messy as it could have been since we were outside. Oh how I love spring!! :lol:

We are planning on continuing half speed through the summer, I will try to take some photos and start posting our week through the summer months. (We are on holiday for the next two weeks for my brother in laws wedding, off to BC for us.)
Nancy, mom to 3
DS6 - LHFHG, ER and BLHFHG Spelling
DD5 - LHFHG
DS3 - My little climber

We have also loved using LHTH!

Tukata

Post by Tukata » Fri May 21, 2010 8:54 pm

My favorite memory of this week was seeing how LHTH has incorporated itself into my dd's playtimes. She decided to celebrate Christmas during her free play time so *decorated* the living room and then got out her Bible and read the story of Jesus' birth. Then she told me, "Okay, Mommy, pretend you are Mary and hold your baby....good...now, tell God, "Thank You for baby Jesus" Then she read more in her Bible and said, "I'm the angel and I'm going to tell you about Herod." and on and on. We are only in the OT in LHTH, but she gets the idea of the dramatic play associated with the Bible stories and now has run with it on her own. I love how this is directing even her free play to the Bible!! Thanks Carrie for your hard work in writing these lessons!
Erin
Mama to
dd 5
dd 3
ds 1
All three growing up way too fast!!

Blessedsimplicitymom

Post by Blessedsimplicitymom » Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 pm

We just started HOD a few weeks ago, we had been searching for something different and was so blessed to find HOD, we absolutely love it. We homeschool year around, and this week we finished up Unit 3 in Beyond and LHTH.

My best moment this week was when I heard my girls playing and I went to see what they were doing and they had the LHTH guide and my older daughter, just turned 8 was going back through LHTH of the lessons we've done thus far, and was playing school with my youngest daughter, just turned 5. It was precious!

Some other things we enjoyed this week was, well everything. I love the flow of it all. We've found a schedule that works for us, and are having so much fun. I especially love the poetry, and am amazed at how much they can retain just by all the different ways it's taught. Love it! Thanks HOD!

Blessings,
sara

Dustybug

Post by Dustybug » Sat May 22, 2010 9:10 am

Here are the links to the last couple of weeks for us:
http://reachtothemoonandback.blogspot.c ... ek-28.html
http://reachtothemoonandback.blogspot.c ... ek-27.html
http://reachtothemoonandback.blogspot.c ... ek-26.html

Look forward to checking out everyone else's weeks!
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat May 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Nancy,

I love the image of your little ones doing the rhymes. Plus, I'd love some of your wonderful weather if you can send it this way! It's cold and windy today. Thanks for sharing! :D

Erin,

What a precious story about your little girl telling the Christmas story. I can picture it all in my mind. :wink: I'd love to have been the angel!

Sara,

I'm so glad to hear that HOD is blessing your family. That is what we pray for each day. :D I'm glad you've found a schedule that works for your family and are settling in to enjoy the playacting and the poetry. :D

Dustybug,

I thoroughly enjoyed looking over the links that you shared. You have such a precious little girl. I really loved the picture of her practicing sitting respectfully in church. We're making progress but still working on that weekly with my 4 year old. :D

Thanks for sharing, ladies! You're spurring me on as I'm writing l-o-n-g hours during the day (and night) :wink: right now. However, the RTR guide is finally coming together in the way we've prayed that it would. :D

Blessings,
Carrie