Week in Review 12-28-09 to 1-1-10

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

Shimmer

Week in Review 12-28-09 to 1-1-10

Post by Shimmer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH

Shimmer

Re: Week in Review 12-28-09 to 1-1-10

Post by Shimmer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Looks like we might have been the only ones doing a bit of school last week. We've got a lot of snow and it's been too cold to go out so it's worked well for us. :)

Gwendolyn has transitioned to an afternoon-only nap so I've been figuring out a new routine. This is what homeschooling looks like at our house now at times!

We're on Unit 16 of LHTH. The big girls pretended to be birds and sorted their snack food to feed to Elijiah. The best part was helping him eat it up.

We did the yellow food coloring in water to make it look like oil. Susannah did pretty well measure it out in fractions.
Isabelle couldn't wait to drink it after they both had a turn. I know it was just food coloring, but it still grossed me out.

We did some monkey stickers on the letter M one day and Gwendolyn was very happy to get to join in. She doesn't quite know what to do with the stickers yet, but she had fun at the table. :)
Image Image
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH