Week in Review September 21-25

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

SKCarol

Week in Review September 21-25

Post by SKCarol » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Copied from previous posts:

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

I am hoping to find out how to load my pictures, and then I will add a post with our week! Things are going well.
Carol

4 yo son LHTH
7 yo daughter BHFHG
11 yo daughter CTC
13 yo son, 19 yo son, 21 yo daughter

Daisy

Re: Week in Review September 21-25

Post by Daisy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Here's ours. We haven't posted in a few weeks. I've just been too busy to even take pictures.

http://daisyhomeschoolblog.blogspot.com ... eview.html
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

SKCarol

Post by SKCarol » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Isaac enjoyed playing Capture the Ark. Unfortunately, I couldn't stump him! (LHTH Unit 12)

After a few tears because she didn't know how to draw a cornfield, Adelle did this map for geography. (Beyond Unit 2)

This is Charity's flapbook. She will finish the writing next time. (CTC Unit 1)
Carol

4 yo son LHTH
7 yo daughter BHFHG
11 yo daughter CTC

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 am

Great pictures, Carol!! Tell your little one that cornfield looks great.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 pm

I can't wait to post this week. After having last week off, it sure was nice to get back to it. We had the best week yet with Bigger. I bawled like a baby at the end of the book "Come on Seabiscuit." The bad part is...it isn't SAD! LOL It was happy and wonderful, but I just loved so much how this outcast horse became so great! And the love of his "own-folks" was so sweet. What a great book (and I have never even liked horse stories)! I bet it didn't help that, toward the end of the book, they called him "Pappy" which is what I called my late grandfather who was like a dad to me when I was young. He died when I was 11, so maybe even the name had something to do with the tears.

Bigger Hearts w/extensions Unit 8:

Our favorite project this week was the wampum belt!

The finished piece! LOVE IT!

And a vocabulary journal entry... "My house is my refuge." :)

Little Hearts - Unit 3 (w/Unit 8 Beyond Spelling and LA)

Thinking Skills worksheet

Spelling word copywork - This little guy writes so well to only be 5!

This is not HOD, but it is part of our day. This is from a Bible workbook by CLE. We started it last year and Scotty loves the simple stories because there is always an activity afterwards. While doing this picture, he told me not to look. Boy was I surprised when I saw this! How pretty it is...so I just had to share it with everyone. :)

~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

SKCarol

Post by SKCarol » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Daisy! :D (My daughter said yesterday that I didn't use any smilie faces... :lol: )

I told Adelle that you liked her cornfield; hopefully that will encourage her next time.

I showed Charity Buttercup's painting of the gully, and it is impressive! Now Charity has something to look forward to. She did her first painting this morning.
Carol

4 yo son LHTH
7 yo daughter BHFHG
11 yo daughter CTC

georgiamomof3

Post by georgiamomof3 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Rebecca, I am so impressed with your little one's handwriting! My ds is 5.5 and we've got a long way to go to look that nice. Well done!

We took the week off this week. I realized how much I need my week to be scheduled, since I did nothing but lounge around all week...the rain and cloudy weather didn't help me much, either.

I did post photos on my blog about the dinosaur unit we worked on these past two weeks. We worked on the dinosaur lapbooks and activities the first thing each morning before we started our normal school day.

I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things next week! :D

JoAnna

http://www.rameyhouseacademy.blogspot.com

dd 9-Preparing, DITHOR
ds 5-LHFHG
ds 3-LHTH

rainbowacreshs

Post by rainbowacreshs » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi all! I just love looking at the pictures for those with kiddos doing LHTH and LHFHG! It gets me so excited at what my lil Typhoon Tiffy will be doing in the years to come!

We took a week off CTC this week to play "catch-up" on everything that didn't get done last week and from this Mon & Tues from all of us being sick w/ a virus. LOL when Kasey realized that I wasn't going to start Unit 7 until we had caught up her "missed" work she got bummed out, and said but what will I paint this week if we aren't doing a unit?
Amazingly we got everything done and we can jump back into Unit 7 this coming Monday. YEAH!

Carol your Charity's flap book is absolutely lovely! Kasey had so much fun doing that one too, though for some reason our clay tablet never came out right, never would harden.
Oh, Carol to upload your pics when posting your reply look below the text box you should see two tabs.. Options and Upload Attachment. Click the upload attachment tab. Click the browse button and that will allow you to browse your computer's files to find your saved pics. Then once you've "opened" that pic hit the add the file. You can post a statement about that pic in the file comment box.
Just repeat those steps for any other pics.

Happy postings!!!
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

SKCarol

Post by SKCarol » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank you for the information about uploading pictures. I must admit, my oldest daughter actually put them on for me; I am very VERY technology-challenged! I found Carrie's instructions on how to upload in the Project Photo board and my oldest took it from there.

Ah, my oldest just helped me see how to do the photos! Thank you! That is very much easier than uploading to photo bucket! :D Thank you, rainbowacreshs.
Carol

4 yo son LHTH
7 yo daughter BHFHG
11 yo daughter CTC

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am

georgiamomof3 wrote:Rebecca, I am so impressed with your little one's handwriting! My ds is 5.5 and we've got a long way to go to look that nice. Well done!
Thanks. :) I guess I should have said that he will be 6 on Tuesday. He has always had good handwriting, though. We are very fortunate in that - I know it can be a real struggle for some and can get very frustrating.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:40 pm

My goodness, everyone seems to be so much fun with school!! I love to see everyone's week and how God has blessed them.

My update is here:
http://coyotemountainacademy.blogspot.c ... ssons.html
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

butterfly113

Post by butterfly113 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:35 pm

It has been another great week! And thanks to the flexibility of HOD I was able to juggle Dr. Appts, a sick hubby, and craziness of life this week, and still get it all done! Thanks Carrie! AGAIN!

You may see our week here!

http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com/2 ... nit-6.html
Butterfly
Married to Grasshopper for 21 wonderful years.
DS14 Caterpillar - full of life!
http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com

creativemommy

Post by creativemommy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 pm

In my time zone, it's already the beginning of another week, but I thought I'd post a few of our favorite activities from this past week before we start another school week in a few hours.

We finished LHTH & LHFHG Unit 3/Day 5 on Monday and then spent the rest of the week working through Unit 4/Days1-4. As you can see from the pictures below our week was anything but boring. :wink:

My dd3 tiptoeing around "D" and then jumping off and saying "D-D-D" - she LOVED it!

My ds6 warning his "family" made up of GeoTrax people & the character "Tails" to stay home and out of the way of Reddy Fox!

Jumping towards Rebekah (a.k.a. Disney Princess Belle) - it was dd3's activity but ds6 always joins in if it's "FUN" which is usually everyday!

Ds6 being the "burning bush" by waving streamers around and dd3 wanted in on the action, too!

Dd3 "wrestling" Jacob (a.k.a. Disney Princess Snow White) with the Angel (a.k.a. Disney Princess Belle) - she is giving them a break in the picture below, but prior to the picture she had been having them collide into each other and flip over each other...
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Oh, ladies! I'm thoroughly enjoying the progress you're making and am loving the chance to "meet" your sweet kiddos through your weekly check-ins. It always amazes me how much is really accomplished during the week each time the check-in rolls around. :D

I just wanted to encourage you that you are each doing a wonderful job of building terrific memories with your kiddos and of hiding God's word in their hearts. :D

Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie