Week In Review 08-14-09

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

rainbowacreshs

Week In Review 08-14-09

Post by rainbowacreshs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 am

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

Hi Everyone! This has been a great first week for us using CTC. My dd really enjoyed listening to the What In The World? cd tracks and doing the notebooking pages. I've added a tape recorder to the Field Notes section of A Child's Geography Vol. II She enjoyed going back and hearing her own answers to the questions. We saved poetry as the last thing on the list, more as a reward because she got to dabble in the paints (something she loves to do).
My dd, today is thoroughly enjoying the freedom of a day off because she did ALL her work in 4 days! What a blessing to see all and I mean ALL work accomplished by the end of each day. The first two days were a bit longer than I wanted, but by last night she was wrapping up her work before 5pm (we're late starters 10ish every morning). I love the fact that on Wed, she didn't ask me what to start with, she took initiative and opened the manual and started working.
Here are some pictures of our unit notebook pages and Kasey's finished painting of A Late Walk
Attachments
I really loved how she did the Generations project
I really loved how she did the Generations project
nb2.JPG (53.87 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
unit 1 notebook pages
unit 1 notebook pages
nbpgunit1.JPG (58.9 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
kaseys painting
kaseys painting
kasey with painting.JPG (53.98 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Week In Review 08-14-09

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 am

I LOVED seeing your beautiful daughter's work on CTC. It looks like she did an amazing job on each part of her notebook, including her project, and her painting. I love the thought of my sons dabbling in painting too, as messing around with paint is one of the only ways to really learn how to use it. :wink:

Thanks for sharing. I can't believe that you're already through your first week! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

crystal

Post by crystal » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi,
It was very exciting seeing your pictures for CTC. My daughter is 11.5 and we will start using CTC on Monday! Neat idea about the tape recorder.
I see you did poetry last. Did you go in any certain order? I've really not decided yet which order we will go in.
Crystal
Crystal
dd 11.5 CTC
dd 2.5
NC

butterfly113

Post by butterfly113 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:26 pm

We had a great first week with Preparing Hearts!
You may go to the following link to see a post on our blog!

http://butterflygardenoflife.blogspot.c ... nit-1.html
Butterfly
Married to Grasshopper for 21 wonderful years.
DS14 Caterpillar - full of life!
http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 am

We had a great first week with Little Hearts and Bigger. Here is a link to my blog. :D

http://beandipblog.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... eview.html
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 am

We also had a great first week with Little Hearts. My son loved making the collage with the cross at the center. For me the highlight of the week was hearing him tell our cat his verse and explain to her that God made her and that He is our father. The last few days of the week were tough because Mama got a sinus infection! But we still did our work and had fun doing it. Thanks, Carrie, for HOD.
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:26 pm

We had a great week with Beyond. My son is a perfect fit in this program. We are loving every single second of it! His favorite part this week was the experiement in the dark! LOL We also really cherish the time we spend reading about Squanto (our first read aloud). We both love to snuggle up and read this story.

With Bigger, I have been struggling to make it more independent for my son because he is older. I think we have finally gotten it figured out though! He is doing well and we are working on his writing, which is his big struggle. He loves his Science and is looking forward to studying the Small Square: Woods the most (because we own about 54 acres, 40 of which are woods). :)

I took only a few pictures this week. These were done during his experiment with "what changes the shore over time." His guess was the moon. We discussed how the moon changes the TIDES, but that other things affect the shore. Here he is writing down his guess:

I would like you to take notice of the little finger on its way to the SUGAR! LOL We used sugar as our beach...and, well, here is the result...

:)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

~Juli~
Wife to P
Mommy to dd Froggie - age 7 - BLHFHG - August '10
ds Hot Wheels - age 4 - LHTH - August '10

http://soaringeagle91.blogspot.com/

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

We started school this week, Still only homeschooling dd2, dd1 goes back to PS next week,
Were reading D'aulair Columbus (dd2 picked it from the shelf as our biography) I'm amazed at how well it works with in the History and Geography!
I've introduced first language lessons And she seems to love grammar.. Go kid!
I didn't have any tape for the globe on the floor so i used chalk on the slab (sorry adopted a kid and til taht is paid off "we don't got no rugs") so its great for big drawings... My dd2 loved hopping from land mass to land mass and pretending to sink if she ended up in an ocean... dd1 got bit by envy and when our back was turned rolled in it. So she was covered in chalk and ruined the drawing... Sigh... I feel such pity for her.

We didn't have any fat in the house for the blubber experiment nore any ice. Oops! but I made do with a fuzzy glove under a rubber glove, and used those Icy's frozen plastic treats to make the water cold.. She got the experiment and loved it.

Learning about dolphins was topped off by a girl scout reward trip to sea world!! where she was tooo afraid to touch the dlophin, but did feed them. and got to see lots of mammels that live in the sea.
Attachments
lilywet.jpg
lilywet.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫